cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Zeo
Journeyman III

What is the maximum RAM capacity for the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor: 32GB or 64GB?

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the maximum RAM capacity supported by the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor. On the official AMD website, it states that the maximum memory capacity is 32GB. However, on some other websites, I found information suggesting a maximum support of 64GB. I would like to clarify whether 32GB is the overall maximum or if it is the maximum for each individual RAM slot. If anyone has any experience or accurate information on this topic, please share. I would appreciate any help and clarifications!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

If AMD website says 32gb i would stick with 32gb. Why would you need 64gb with such a low CPU?

0 Likes
eekie
Journeyman III

Same issue here. I found following on Amazon today (19 august 2023):

Lenovo 2022 Legion 5 15.6" 120Hz Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 64GB RAM, 2TB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050Ti, Backlit Keyboard, Phantom Blue, Windows 11, 32GB SnowBell USB Card

Such a machine should not be able to exist if AMD states it is not able to have only 32GB.

Either AMD's marketing department should fire some people, or something very strange is going on...

The thing is that I upgraded a 5600h laptop from 16GB to 32GB. This whilst I want to upgrade to the maximum possible. So IF 64GB is possible, I feel pretty screwed!

Can AMD not respond here? Like said, this is a terrible (an unacceptable) job done my AMD marketing in my opinion...

0 Likes