Did you mean: 

Processors

Psion444
Adept I

What AM4 CPU should I buy as an update

I have an
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (AM4) motherboard with
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz and a
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU and 64GB ram.
I've recently added a WD_Black SN850X NVMe 4TB SSD
I want to keep the motherboard. What upgrade to the CPU would give a noticeable performance improvement with Lightroom and Photoshop.

1 Solution

You could probably upgrade to a 5000 series processor and be quite happy. For your user case scenario it sounds as if something like the 5900x would service you well. 

CH

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You could probably upgrade to a 5000 series processor and be quite happy. For your user case scenario it sounds as if something like the 5900x would service you well. 

CH

I was thinking of that CPU so will investigate further.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Thank you.

0 Likes
lowteck
Miniboss

lowteck_0-1700158762304.png

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...

Thank you.

What did you decide on @Psion444  ?

0 Likes

The Ryzen 5900X looks the best bet.

You should be able to get a good deal during BF.

wise-choice.gif

WillieBright
Journeyman III

Considering your setup, upgrading to an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X or Ryzen 9 5900X would offer a noticeable performance improvement in Lightroom and Photoshop. These CPUs have more cores and higher clock speeds, enhancing multitasking and processing speeds for photo editing tasks.

Whether you're in need of a short-term loan or looking for financial advice, NorthnLoans has you covered. I heartily urge you to explore https://northnloans.ca/ services for anyone seeking quick and hassle-free financial solutions NorthnLoans is a reliable financial resource that truly understands the needs of its users.The website is user-friendly, providing a seamless experience, and their team is both professional and responsive.
0 Likes