cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

briley
Journeyman III

Torque-AM5 CPU Heatsink

I am looking for the specifications for any AMD (AM5 socket) processor that would let me know the torque value, for the screws, when putting the Heatsink for the CPU (AM5 socket).  I am using a liquid cooling heatsink/block with the new setup.  This is right now related to the ryzen series of processors (I am going to install a ryzen 7950x3d, AM5 socket), but if anyone else needs the torque setting for threadripper this could be put here also.  Is there a data sheet that specifies all the Torque requirements for the AMD processors that could be shared?  I could not find that in the manual.  It would be a really good idea for AMD to put this data in all their manuals, this way proper installation of the CPU Heatsink could be complete.  This would also help lead to less errors if people use a torque wrench/device to make sure their heasink is flat on the processor (EG think like threadripper series).

I did a search for proper toque setting and all that was found was related to threadripper, so it does not apply to me.  Please put out a data sheet AMD for specifications on your website or in manuals for proper torque on the heatsink for AMD CPU's (All the ones you are officially support from Ryzen onwards).

Thank you!

0 Likes
0 Replies