Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

System constant rebooting / WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Radeon RX 6600 XT - Sapphire

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M-PRO Gaming 

RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB X2 DDR4-3200 (16GB in total)

PSU: CORSAIR RM 850X

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro

GPU Drivers: Radeon Software (Adrenaline) 22.3.1

Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Software 4.03.03.431

Hard Disk: SSD - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 GB ( Windows installed on this one ) / Kingston SSD 1TB 

Description of Original Problem: My PC keeps on restarting randomly. I had a Ryzen 5 3600 and replaced with this new one, was good for a couple of days ( i thought it was solved) but the crashes come again. It happens mostly when i am working on Photoshop. Every time it restarts, the event logger logs the below error:

"A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID: 11

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Troubleshooting: I have updated all the drivers, windows and BIOS. Deleted and reinstalled and updated all the drivers. Checked if the CPU fan is properly attached to the CPU, if GPU is properly attached, if RAMs are properly attached, and everything else. All of them seem perfectly fitted. Used various software to test CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. All came back with good results. Did memory test and DISM test. Both were successful without any error.

0 Likes
11 Replies
l3lackHB
Adept I

Try to disable c-state control 

0 Likes

Don't work

0 Likes
Electric_Squall
Adept III

@Heisenberg1904 

Disable PBO or return it (RMA)

It is a known AMD zen3 design flaw issue. 

Take a look:

Ryzen 5000 Crashes (WHEA Errors) will get a "Silen... - AMD Community

0 Likes

I literally have the same problem eventhough i already bought a new kit of ram And i rmad my 5600x got the money back bought a 5700x and it still happens i kinda lost hope on AMD

0 Likes

I got new information on this case. Well, i found that if i have windows default drivers the system is completly stable, the reboot only starts if i update the drivers. Also i swap my Graphic card for a NVIDIA and the system is stable. The question is that i test my 6600 XT on other computer and it is stable... Where can be the problem???

0 Likes

what Nvidia GPU did you put in your system and is now stable?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER

0 Likes

0 Likes

My problem as nothing to do with that. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
G1n
Adept III

I have the same issue, I just opened a thread. Can you try to run the rams with XMP disabled and set all ram config to AUTO and test if the issue is still there? PD: bump my thread if you can need help as well.

0 Likes
G1n
Adept III

My only fix so far was to revert to an older BIOS.

0 Likes