cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Meymoon
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 7900x Idle temperatures around 55 celcius. Is that normal?

I am using a 360 mm arctic liquid freezer ii. Should my temps be this high or is this something I need to fix?

0 Likes
3 Replies
fenix144
Adept I

Mine hovers between 50-60c, with a -8 all core CO and a 280mm corsair aio. Pretty normal as far as I've been able to see due to the thickness of the IHS

0 Likes
BetonMischa
Journeyman III

I have the same CPU, and I'm using a 240mm AIO with an idle temperature of 45°C.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Not to ruin everyone statistics but CPU temps will, as always, depend on so many factors.

Case, airflow, air pressure, ambient temp, type of fan, type of cooling, tweaking done and so many more.

We've seen a drop in air temps lately, 22 air temp and 21 inside, so I'm getting 41C idle on a 7950X with a 240mm, easily jumps to 82 now when pushing it. 

How?

450D airflow front mesh, no obstructions

2x 140 intake noctua for airflow, 1 exhaust 1x120 noctua low rpm airflow, 2x 120mm exhaust static pressure on radiator noctua

Positive Pressure normally but if radiator fans kick in goes to a more neutral or negative pressure 

AIO, 1400/1600rpm on the pump

Increased Curve from - 5 to - 6 plus Offset negative 0,08 vCore, VDD/Q 1.35v less heat from memory, GPU undervolted as well barely gets the fans moving. EcoMode 105 and trying PBO  scalar at 8x to keep boosting. Max frequency at 5750mhz in multiple cores.  

If possible state at least case, cooler, configs and ambient temp. Idle temps can be a lot better during winter.  ; -) 

The Englishman
0 Likes