cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

7maggot7
Adept I

Ryzen 7800x3d

Привіт, можете сказати як щодо процесора?

7maggot7_0-1705751265528.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for the update.

Is your RAM listed on the Kingston list I posted?

Remove one RAM stick and try to boot with just one stick of RAM and see if it boots up or not.

If it doesn't boot up then remove all the RAM and boot up and see if just the RAM Trouble LED lights up and the CPU Trouble LED turn off.

This way BIOS can check your processor to see if it passes its POST test for the CPU. If it passes the CPU Trouble LED light should go on then turn off and the RAM Trouble LED light should light up and stay lit since there is no RAM installed.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

What do you want to know?

Please translate your next reply into English.

OP Translation:

Screenshot 2024-01-20 112310.png

0 Likes

is there any damage on it? since there is no picture when starting the PC

0 Likes

There was a problem early in the release of 7000 series processors with motherboard vendors overvolting with EXPO and SOC. This was fixed via BIOS update roughly 9 months ago. In those cases where damage did occur it was visibly obvious - there was bubbling on the PCB and discoloration to metal contacts. Based on the pics you posted there does not appear to be that type of overvolt damage. I believe most motherboard vendors removed the offending BIOS versions from being downloaded and recalled any boards that had shipped with defective BIOS. However if you believe you have a case of this issue you should contact your motherboard manufacturer support and work with them.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Please post your PC Information including Make & Models and Windows version installed.

When you boot up there is no video, correct?

Okay could be several reasons:

1- Wrong BIOS version installed on your Motherboard. Need to go to your Motherboard Download page and see which BIOS version you need for the Motherboard to recognize your new processor -CPU LIST. Then update the BIOS if it has a BIOS FLASH Button on your motherboard.

2- Make sure you have the Monitor connected to the Motherboard unless you have a GPU card installed.

3- Make sure your Motherboard's RAM you have installed is listed on the Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY or on the RAM's manufacturer's website for being compatible with your motherboard.

4- Check to see if there are any Motherboard TROUBLE LED lit up or Digital Codes displaying showing at which point the booting process stop.

If you post your Motherboard's Make & Model and RAM Part Number you have installed I can see if you tell you which BIOS version you need and if your RAM is compatible with your new processor or Motherboard.

0 Likes

cpu and dram shows error

MSI mag B650 tomahawk wifi

RYZEN 7800x3d

MSI RTX 4080 SUPRIM X

MSI mpg a850g PCIE5

Kingston Fury 16(2x8) DDR5 5200 cl40-40-40 XMP

Windows 11 Pro

bios 7D75v15

On the off-chance that the board shipped with a pre-April '23 BIOS that doesn't support the 7800X3D, you can flash without a working CPU or RAM. Download the latest BIOS to a USB drive, plug it into the USB port that says "Flash BIOS" and push the Flash BIOS Button.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

His Motherboard BIOS version is the first BIOS version that supports the 7000X3D Processors (v15). But good to mention about the BIOS FLASHBACK feature since will need to update his BIOS immediately without his processor working.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

The CPU and DRAM Trouble LED are lit on the Motherboard when it boots up?

That seems to indicate an issue with your RAM with your Processor which prevent the PC from booting up.

You first need to update your BIOS version to the latest version which is 7D75v1E3(Beta version) but the last Non-BETA BIOS Version is 7D75v1B2023-11-28

Screenshot 2024-01-20 183509.pngScreenshot 2024-01-20 183804.png

First Update your Motherboard BIOS to either the latest Non-BETA or BETA version to see if that fixes your issue with your RAM and CPU.

NOTE: @FunkZ about the overvoltage is fixed with the BIOS version above yours. I definitely would update immediately to the Beta or Non-Beta latest BIOS version. That might fix your problem unless your RAM is not compatible with your motherboard.

Went to Kingston and inputted your MSI Motherboard for 2 x 16GB @ 5200 MTS and these are the 4 Kingston RAM part numbers that came up to be compatible: https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/model/106405/msi-mag-b650-tomahawk-wifi-motherboard?speed=...

Screenshot 2024-01-20 184913.png

NOTE: MSI Support doesn't seem to show your Motherboard's CPU LIST nor QVL LIST FOR RAM MEMORY.  Maybe you need to log in to MSI Support to get Technical help and they can provide you with the QVL List for RAM Memory. Otherwise I would go by Kingston's List of compatible RAM for your Motherboard.

Here is your Motherboard MSI Support download page: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B650-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support

Once you are able to boot into Windows download and update all of your Motherboard's drivers except the AMD drivers.

Here is your Ryzen latest IGPU Driver from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-processors/amd-ryzen-7-7800x3d

Here is AMD latest CHIPSET driver but MSI CHIPSET seems to be newer so I would download MSI AMD CHIPSET driver instead: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am5/b650

0 Likes

updating the bios did not help to fix the error, the cpu and dram indicators are lit

bios 7D75v1E3

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Is your RAM listed on the Kingston list I posted?

Remove one RAM stick and try to boot with just one stick of RAM and see if it boots up or not.

If it doesn't boot up then remove all the RAM and boot up and see if just the RAM Trouble LED lights up and the CPU Trouble LED turn off.

This way BIOS can check your processor to see if it passes its POST test for the CPU. If it passes the CPU Trouble LED light should go on then turn off and the RAM Trouble LED light should light up and stay lit since there is no RAM installed.

inserted 1 bar of RAM into slot A2 and the indicators turned off

I changed the RAM in places and everything worked

misterj
Big Boss

7maggot7, please see. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes