cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Xeqtr
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7600X - 6537 MHz

Hello. My name is Taras, I'm from Ukraine. Thanks to good discounts, in March I became the owner of the AM5 platform. In general, I am very pleased with everything, the system works very stably, for all the time there was not a single crash, or something like that.

Configuration:
Ryzen 5 7600X
Asus TUF B650 Plus
Kingston FURY 2x16 GB (5600, CL 36)
Samsung 980 PRO 500 GB M.2
Noctua NH-D15
MSI MPG A750GF
be quiet! Pure Base 500

The system is very quiet, Noctua does a great job. Bios: AMD Expo profile set, PBO - Thermal Limit - Level 3 (70 C).

Everything seems to be fine, but there is one BUT, which by no means gives me rest. Is everything really okay?

I noticed that the processor very often goes beyond the passport boost limits. Why is that?

Let's analyze the screenshot below, this is the maximum that we managed to fix.

6537.png

In this situation, I was not even as surprised by the frequency boost to 6537 as what happens to the RAM. Just look at her voltage, it's twice as high, and obviously a jump in temperature. Although in general everything is ok with the memory, its voltage is always normal and the temperature is not higher than 36 C. I don’t know what caused such a jump, but the fact is the fact.

By themselves, jumps in the frequency of the processor to 5600-5700 are already "usual business", I see this often. There are no temperature fluctuations at the same time, everything is always normal.

I doubt very much that such things should happen. But we, the customers, are free beta testers for AMD.

Has anyone observed similar things and are there any solutions? Similar voltage surges in memory, as far as I understand, are caused by the AMD Expo profile itself.

Thank you for your attention, regards Taras.

0 Likes
8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is your BIOS updated to the latest version for  your motherboard?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Xeqtr
Journeyman III

BIOS Version 1222. After another update came out, but it was associated exclusively with 24 \ 48 GB slats, there were no other edits. Therefore, it has not been updated.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

First of all, congrats on your upgrade!

Is that readout OK? Never seen a 7600X boost that high, not even close.

Confirm it via Armoury crate (if you have it installed, you should unless you disabled it on BIOS). It will monitor frequency as well. At least is really spot on with other monitors.

johnnyenglish_1-1682809889499.png

johnnyenglish_0-1682809878188.png

I've not yet seen any surges in VDD or VDDQ ram voltages with EXPO, also running 1.35v instead of 1.4v on a 6000mhz

Those are really high values, but I'm betting that the monitor tool is not reading well. That kind of voltages would kill the memory sticks.

However, vSOC yes.
Hard limited at 1.22 on vSOC and Memory Controller

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thanks for answers! Actually CPUID HWMonitor - works correctly. There are real jumps.

As it turns out, the day before I created this thread, there seemed to be a solution to the problem, and I didn't check that information. But for now it's a beta version. I'm not ready to download the beta, I'm waiting exclusively for the release version, I'll immediately update and see the result.

Bios.png

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

To be 100% sure I would check in Ryzen Master what the maximum boost is, as well as look at those voltages with HWinfo64.

I personally have had readouts that were bugged and wrong with HWMonitor.

Other things to consider would be with background applications, like MSI Afterburner, and how they could be effecting the readouts.

Another thing that is very important is to install a BIOS that has the AM5 voltage fixes.

Yes I do know they are BETA, but there are serious problems involving too much power being pushed into the Ryzen 7000 CPUs, voltage problems generally, and motherboard Over Current Protections not working, that are causing catastrophic failure in both the AM5 boards and Ryzen 7000 CPUs. 

Basically the motherboards are cooking components.

https://wccftech.com/amd-root-cause-ryzen-7000-burnout-issues-related-to-higher-cpu-voltages-officia...

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I apologize for not answering recently, although I saw the answer right away. I still did not want to update to the beta version, I was waiting for the release version, - I waited. A release version of 1616 is now available for Asus motherboards. Still, I was wrong, CPUID HWMonitor does not work at all correctly, even after updating the BIOS, I see a jump in memory voltage of 2.5, but this is impossible.

0 Likes

Have you tried using hwinfo64 for a comparison?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

After your question - I tried. I think he lies even more. I ran them at the same time, and went about my business a few hours later to see the maximum values. Compare the first and second screen - on the second there are even more unrealistic data. On the 3rd, I see a lie about the maximum frequency of the processor boost. From the very beginning it was 5400 - as if drawn, but this is definitely not the case.

HW.pngHW 64.pngHW 64 2.png

0 Likes