Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BabyXee
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800x temperature running high

Hi everyone, 

my boyfriend and I recently just built my computer and the cpu is running at 80 degrees Celsius running under load. Is this normal temperature? Also, my fans get very loud and it makes my boyfriend and I very concerned. I am using the ID Cooling Pinkflow for the cooler.  

0 Likes
1 Reply

To tell you the truth I have never heard of the ID PINK AIO CPU Cooler before. But reading about it from its website it should be good enough to keep your processor cool under heavy loads.

But 80c is within its engineered Maximum Operating Temperature of 90c.  I would worry if it starts reaching and getting hotter than 90c.

The ID PINK AIO mentions it is compatible for the AMD ThreadRipper Processors which have high TDP ratings. The 5800X TDP ratings is 105 watts so that AIO is strong enough for your processor. 

I would check to make sure you have good air circulation inside your Computer case and your Ambient or Room temperature isn't too hot.

A hot room will cause the temperatures inside your computer case hardware to run much hotter than in a cool room.

0 Likes