cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hakanzyn
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800X No video output (VGA Led on)

Hello,

i have bought a Ryzen 7 5800X, which replaced my old 2700X. The first few hours everything was working great until I got a black screen and the dram led lightens up (PC still running). I swapped the RAM sticks and tried to boot with only one ram stick, after doing that the white led on my mainboard lightens up which stands for either no or bad graphics card. Now I am kind of in a loop with no video signal and that white led. I think the system still boots, but without recognizing the gpu. Also weird is the fact that my keyboard and my mouse are not powered.

Things I have already tried:

-Installing newest bios updates & the prevoius one

-Putting different Ram onto the mainbaord

-Another graphics card

-Ryzen 7 2700X & Ryzen 5 1600X (both worked fine)

The only way I get my system to run is swapping the new ryzen against the older ones and when I do so, everything works fine again without any problems.

My System:

-ASUS Rog Strix B450f Gaming

-MSI Geforce RTX 3070

-HyperX Predator 16GB 3200Mhz

-Corsair H100i Pro RGB

-650W NZXT Power supply

0 Likes
5 Replies
ogger151
Journeyman III

I have the same exact problem. 

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

With that CPU and GPU I wouldn't run anything less than a 900 watt PSU.

Primarily for overclocking headroom or just when certain games apps and OS briefly demand more power.

I'm running a 2700x CPU on and MSI X370 M7 ACK MOBO with 4x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum PC3200 32GB RAM a Samsung SATA 3 870 EVO V-NANO 4TB SSD and a Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT.

The EVGA 850 watt PSU I was running would periodically cutout with a power surge prevention warning showing in my BIOS upon reboots. I upgraded to a Thermaltake 1200 watt ToughPower series PSU and haven't had a single power issue sense. 

0 Likes
nyyb
Journeyman III

Same here. I got a crash when playing a video game and could not power on since then. I've replaced everything including the motherboard. Now the only culprit seems to be the CPU.. 

Any solution on your side?

0 Likes

Check for BIOS updates from MOBO manufacturer that show better support and performance for your CPU and all system hardware/software.

Download latest CPU chipset drivers from your MOBO manufacturer website.

Ensure you have the latest .Net Framework from windows update.

Check the 8 pin Power Cable for your CPU ensure it is properly seated on both ends.

If the MOBO CPU power connector has any abnormal motion when plugging in then you have a Physical MOBO defect which means RMA/refund.

Check the pins on the CPU with a strong LED flashlight and magnifying glass to see if any are bent or missing.

Ryzen 3000/5000 series will need a BIOS update using your old 2700X still in place.

RoG STRIX B450 F (first and second versions) I and E Gaming support Ryzen 5000

Check here:
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_cpu 

The Englishman