Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Murtaza29
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800x clock speed stuck at 2.17Ghz

Hello,

I just build a new pc for my rendering, video editing, and gaming purpose. after 15 days I noticed that my processor clock speed is locked at 2.17Ghz but when I restart my system it get back to 3.8-4.1 GHz. I don't know why this is happening. Is there a software issue or any glitch or there is a problem with the chip or motherboard. I bought everything new box packed.

Please let me know the reason behind this issue or if somebody has any solution for it, So kindly let me know.

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Your full system specs. may help someone offer suggestions.

And have you set bios to optimal (non OC) settings, someone with the same cpu/mobo combo may offer setup (or you could ask on a overclockers owners thread for them).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No! I haven't set bios to optimal (non-OC) settings. If there are any bios of other settings to fix this please let me know.

Full System Specs:-

• Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Asus Tuf Gaming B550M-Plus Wifi
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 16gb 3200Mhz
  • Gigabyte 650w power supply
  • Rx 570 4Gb
  • Thunder wild wind-9 6 heat pipes cooler

Sorry for not mentioning the full specs

Thanks for the correction.

0 Likes
Anten
Journeyman III

Hi i had the same issue than u, and i even reinstalled the whole Windows, to just find out the problem is still here

and then i found whats the problem and how silly i am.

it was the power management option, it was on energy saving mode instead of balanced/perfomance mode.

and it locked the cpu clock speed at 2.17 Ghz causing underperfoming on gaming and everything... xD

0 Likes