cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

angeh
Adept II

ryzen 5600x curve optimizer -30 on all cores plus undervolt?

so the thing is that i currently been having my system for more than a year or so with Curve optimizer set to -30 on all cores without a single problem.

but i wanted to take things a bit further this time with thermals, ambient weather been getting kind of crazy lately around 30+ during the day

so this is how i currently have thing set atm:

1-curve optimizer -30 on all cores

2-cpu vcore set from auto to normal

3-Dynamic Vcore(dvid) to -0.072v

now my question is: modifying the cpu vcore from auto to normal and setting the dynamic vcore to a - v , will it damage or harm with time my system in any way possible? or just might decrease performance? other than getting better thermals.

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Not quite sure if you mean Dynamic as Offset.

I have curve optimizer and negative offset undervolt on vCore to get temps under control too.

There is nothing to worry, its overvolting that damages, not undervolting. The worst it can happen is crashing while doing something important. You can corrupt your files or damage a mechanical HDD if you keep crashing, like a lot! But it has nothing to do with undervolting.

However, keep in mind that every time you tinker your hardware beyond specs, you are on your own if anything goes wrong.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Not quite sure if you mean Dynamic as Offset.

I have curve optimizer and negative offset undervolt on vCore to get temps under control too.

There is nothing to worry, its overvolting that damages, not undervolting. The worst it can happen is crashing while doing something important. You can corrupt your files or damage a mechanical HDD if you keep crashing, like a lot! But it has nothing to do with undervolting.

However, keep in mind that every time you tinker your hardware beyond specs, you are on your own if anything goes wrong.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes