Aspoon666
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 7600x temperatures suddenly went higher

Hello. PC specs first:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming b650 x ax
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x
GPU: Sapphire rx 7900XTX
AIO: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 280r

I have a problem with weird cpu temps. Week ago my temperatures on idle were about 42 to 48 max and in gaming 56 (I undervolted the cpu, it was perfectly stable, used this setting for about 3 weeks). Yesterday I loaded up my pc and to my surprise my idle temps were 55+, it even went to 85 on idle, but most of the times it is sitting on about 63 (pic below. The 96 is from the startup).

Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-23 190017.png

I reinstalled everything from windows, to drivers and even unplugged the battery from my motherboard for about 20 minutes. Nothing worked. After clearing the PC entirely I undervolted it in Ryzen Master with the same settings as before and to my surprise it is not working at all. I can't lower my temperatures, not with undervolting, nor with PBO. I wouldn't bother if these were the temperatures during gaming, but on idle it is really disturbing. Even in bios my pc is sitting at 52 to 54 temps. I do not know what happened and I would be thankful for any help with it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
emanuellellinsumos
Journeyman III

Hello good, something similar happens to me but even worse. In this example, it is a PC with a Ryzen 9 5900x and it throws this temperature even at rest, I tried changing the CPU cooler, it currently has Cooler Thermaltake

Ux100A Rgb 120m. My question is if I should put liquid cooling on it or is it a processor problem.

Greetings

Temperatura.jpg

0 Likes