cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kostaspol
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600x / X570 aorus ultra / Random reboots / WHEA-Logger ID 19 critical error Kernel-Power 41

This is post refers to a problem I’m dealing with a product (CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 5600X) which I purchased on 9/12/2020.

From the very first moment , it  appeared to have a dysfunctional problem which causes random reboots on the system and it writes down KERNEL POWER ERROR 41. Only when the BIOS disables the CORE PERFORMANCE BOOST( that means it will work with the least performance) it doesn’t reboots. Even then , applications work unsteadily.

The system it works on has the characteristics outlined below :

• Motherboard : X570 AORUS ULTRA
  • RAM : TridentZ F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC
  • PSU : Corsair RM750X
  • GPU : RTX3070 AORUS MASTER

In that point is important to mention that the same system with CPU RYZEN 5 2600X and RYZEN 7 3700X works perfectly. I also tested it on two other systems and it appears the exact same  problem. It has been tried every  possible combination .

For now i'm runing manual 4250mhz 1.4v it appears stable without errors.

what should i do to run full and stable ? or maybe my cpu is defect ?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Sryzon
Adept I

Many are having a similar issue. See: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5900x-system-constantly-crashing-restarting-whea-logge...

There's something wrong with stock boost causing instability. You can either keep and, ideally, fine-tune your manual settings or seek an RMA. I've personally kept Core Performance Boost on and set my Vcore to 1.35V and turned LLC to Turbo/max. 

0 Likes

i have try exactly what you told me but no luck , same errors/reboots .also i have stable system only on 1.40v any other voltage crashed, same with all manual clocks only 4225 with 1.40v works ..very strange problem ..

any other suggestion ?

0 Likes

Either you bios is busted
Or you cpu is busted

But those voltages and performance are wrong

0 Likes

bios-motherboard is not possible because if i put other cpu linke 3700X or 2600X working flawless.

also cpu 5600x tested on other 2 motherboards and 4 different brand's of RAM with same results

x570 aorus elite, bios F31q (only different working manual on 4400mhz)

b450 aorums M, bios f60e 

Note: all 3 motherboard work perfect with other cpu's ryzen 2000 & 3000 series,the problem appears only at 5600x.

i have a friend with the following system and it works perfectly without any error/reboot

X570 aorus elite,bios f31q
ryzen 5 5600X
F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC

so,today i will go my own 5600x and try it on this system .

I will write the results later.

0 Likes

My friends system who work perfect, when i put my 5600x starts the same ..reboot all the time .

My cpu from the first time is defect ,i spend all that time for nothing .thank you AMD.

now the question is ,what should i do with RMA ? contact with company who i took cpu or directly with amd ?

0 Likes

Try a beta BIOS with AGESA 1.1.9.0. Helps a lot of people.

0 Likes

I have try all that already, every one bios on 3 motherboards ,diff rams ,psu, gpu ..that cpu is defect 100%

0 Likes

Hello

For the record,after replace cpu with new one work stable-perfect.

0 Likes