cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chillyblast
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600 Randomly Rebooting

So I have 2 PC's with Ryzen 7 5800x and Ryzen 5 5600 along with Gigabyte B550m ds3h and Gigabyte B450m Gaming rev 1.x respectively. My Ryzen 7 5800x is facing random restart issue for a long time and when I check event logs it show error code 41.

My other system with Ryzen 5 5600 was working flawlessly until I swapped mobo and processor of both the systems for testing purpose but now both of my systems have random restart issue. This system was working fine with same RAM, PSU and everything else so none of them could be the culprit. These restarts doesn't happen in bios except for 1 or 2 times. I have tried every possible solution like disabling c state, psu idle , resetting bios to default etc. These restarts start to happen more often if I plug in Sata connector devices such as Aio cooler, Sata Ssd and hard drives. Also they become worse as long as PC stays on. At their peak they won't even let me enter into windows. Only BIOS is safe spot as for now even in bios it restarted for 2 times total since 2 months but mostly stays stable. Both of my PC's are not in any warranty so I cannot RMA them. There must be a solution because my Ryzen 5 5600 PC couldn't just become faulty just by replacing mobo and processor with the other PC.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Have you tried a USB repair install of OS, and without other non OS drives connected?

It's possible you have conflicting data from both systems on the drive?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yup tried repair install even fresh install of both windows 10 and 11 but still the same unfortunately.

0 Likes
Smoko11
Journeyman III

Hi, very random but did you ever solve this issue? i'm having a very similar one and have similar hardware

0 Likes

Smoko11, you are probably not having the same problem much less the very same problem. Please open a new thread, post all your parts and a couple of Event Viewer Critical errors, Details tab. Thanks

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I know its an old topic, but here goes:

You sure that both systems crash/reboot inside BIOS?

Rebooting inside BIOS shows that its a hardware issue, so the OS is not the culprit.

Take everything apart, leave just the needed for posting into BIOS and check stability again. Then add things piece by piece. Don't forget to insert the memory stick in the right positions, read board manual for memory population.

Double-Check all plugs like the EPS connector. Inspect CPU for damaged pins. Everything counts.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

I agree with @johnnyenglish that if your PC rebooted while in BIOS it is a hardware issue or incompatible hardware like RAM memory as an example,  the most likely culprit.

When in BIOS, Windows isn't even loaded nor running unless BIOS sensed a hard hardware failure and shut down the computer.

Also do a CMOS CLEAR or through BIOS itself reset BIOS back to its factory defaults in case it is a setting that is causing the issue.

If you are able to enter Windows desktop, download and run OCCT CPU,GPU, & PSU Tests. see if the PC shuts down during any of those tests. If it does shut down OCCT will leave a log of when the test failed. Then you can check to see if it was due to Overheating, Bad PSU outputs, or hardware failure like fans not working as an example.

You can run OCCT from a Flash drive if your want.

Your Post almost sounds like a defective PSU or Motherboard.

I would disconnect all hardware to your Motherboard except your Windows drive, PSU, CPU, GPU, Monitor, and one stick of RAM only. See if the crashes reoccurs again while stress testing your PC with OCCT.

If not, then add more RAM sticks to eliminate incompatible RAM and again stress test your PC with OCCT.

Make sure you keep a close eye on Temperatures, Fan speeds, PSU Outputs, etc when running OCCT tests.

Verify that your RAM and Windows drive are compatible with both your motherboard and processor.

NOTE: Code 41 is the code generated when a computer shuts down improperly and not through Windows itself.

0 Likes