cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ryzen 5 5500 not supported by Motherboard

Hello. On Saturday I purchased a PC that comes with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500 CPU and a Motherboard, the ASRock B450 Pro4. And I was doing some research on the PC specs and noticed that on ASRock's website about the B450 Pro4 motherboard in the CPU support list the my CPU which I have already bought is not a compatible CPU. Can someone help figure out if I can use it and if there is support for it and that the website just has not been updated? Thank you so much.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 154320.pngScreenshot 2022-07-05 154255.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vynski
Elite

None of 

ASROCK's boards show support for the Ryzen 5 5500 CPU's.

The ASRock B450 Pro4 does support the Ryzen 5 5300 and 5600 series CPU's, so it would surprise me that it would not support the 5500 series.

I have only done 1 build in all my years on an ASROCK board and swore that it would be the last.  Quality and support were the major issues.  I try to steer users away from low quality components.  With computer components I strongly believe that you get what you pay for.  For the last 10-15 years I would only recommend MSI or ASUS boards.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vynski
Elite

None of 

ASROCK's boards show support for the Ryzen 5 5500 CPU's.

The ASRock B450 Pro4 does support the Ryzen 5 5300 and 5600 series CPU's, so it would surprise me that it would not support the 5500 series.

I have only done 1 build in all my years on an ASROCK board and swore that it would be the last.  Quality and support were the major issues.  I try to steer users away from low quality components.  With computer components I strongly believe that you get what you pay for.  For the last 10-15 years I would only recommend MSI or ASUS boards.  

Okay. Thanks for the info!

0 Likes

Michael, 

I tried the AMD 5500 Ryzen 5 with the ASRock B450 Pro4 and it does not post or beep in spite of everything I tried. I am an experienced PC builder and was surprised and still am not certain it is due to a defective motherboard and/or CPU or the incompatibility.
Did you succeed with this combination?

Thanks, MarshallG

0 Likes