cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Sani26
Adept I

Ryzen 5 3500X cooler Hitsink problem

Bought Ryzen 5 3500X processor a few days ago. The problem is that if I turn on the processor without the cooler, then the PC turns on, if I turn on the heatsink, it starts restarting again and again. I have tried with the stock cooler and out market cooler, the problem is the same. I fixed the CPU pin, the thermal paste is fine, when I go to BIOS, the processor is The temperature is fine though. The PC does not turn on when the collar is installed and restarts. If the heatsink plate of the cooler and the heatsink plate of the processor stick together, the problem is what is the solution?

0 Likes
11 Replies

Post your PC information including the Make & Model of your Motherboard and BIOS Version installed.

What Motherboard Trouble LED lights up when you try to boot up?

Do you have the latest BIOS version installed?

Is your current RAM compatible with the new CPU Processor from your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY for the 3000 series processors?

0 Likes

Mobo Gygabyte b450S2H

Bios Ver F40  

Everything is fine PC. RAM is fine, only problem is that when PC is turned on with cooling fan, it does not turn on, it restarts repeatedly. PC starts without cooling fan.

0 Likes

Okay what is happening is you have your PC is set to restart automatically when it shuts down thus since your CPU Fans are not running the CPU overheats within seconds and shuts down to prevent damage but then it restarts automatically which creates a loop of restarts and shutdowns. This is not very good for your Processor or PC hardware.

So you either have a defective CPU Fan, Motherboard CPU Fan port, or defective PSU.

I would remove your Processor from your motherboard and then power on having the CPU Fan connected and see if it works or not. If it doesn't connect it to a different port or see if you can use a Case fan that fits in your CPU Cooler to see if it turns on or not. If it does then you have a bad CPU Fan.

First connect your CPU fan to a Case fan port on the Motherboard to see if the issue if with your CPU Fan or the Motherboard's CPU Fan port.

Or if possible connect the CPU Fan with a adapter cable directly to the PSU via a Molex plug. This will verify if you have a bad CPU Fan or not.

Make sure first the CPU fan turns easily and without any resistance and it doesn't make any noises when manually turning the CPU Fan blades.

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Cooler? is it Air or AIO Liquid?

Cooler Model : Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2

0 Likes

You need to see if your Gammaxx CPU Cooler fan is defective or not. If you connect one of your PC Case fans to the same motherboard port as your CPU fan is connected to and it runs that means you have a bad CPU Fan and you need to open a Warranty Ticket with Gammaxx.

Even though your Case fan has 3 pins it will still work on a 4 pin port. The fourth pin is what controls the speed of your CPU fan by the motherboard. Without it the CPU Fan will just run at full speed unless your motherboard has the special feature to control the speed with a 3 pin fan.

0 Likes

My cpu fan is fine. If I turn on the PC with another processor like I have R3 2200g then my PC boots fine. The problem is when I install the R5 3500x and after installing the CPU heatsink it restarts and if the heatsink is not installed the pc turns on. CPU restarts even if only heatsink is installed without fan. As far as I understand it only happens when the heatsink of the cooler touches the CPU

sounds like some sort of short when you have the 3500x installed. 

Check the processor closely and make sure it is clean with no bent or broken pins. It is possible you have a shorted CPU.

If you install the 3500X on another compatible motherboard with the same results will verify you have a defective or shorted CPU processor.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT - WARRANTY request and see if you need to replace your CPU under warranty as long as you are the original owner and is less than 3 years old and purchased in a valid AMD Retail box: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

NOTE: For the time being install the 2200g back on until you get an answer from AMD to prevent your motherboard and connected hardware from being damaged due to shutting down so much.

0 Likes

Thanks I bought the old cpu still it has 3 months warranty left.

Sani26
Adept I

My cpu fan is fine. If I turn on the PC with another processor like I have R3 2200g then my PC boots fine. The problem is when I install the R5 3500x and after installing the CPU heatsink it restarts and if the heatsink is not installed the pc turns on. CPU restarts even if only heatsink is installed without fan. As far as I understand it only happens when the heatsink of the cooler touches the CPU

0 Likes
432hz
Adept III

In your original post, you said you "fixed the CPU pin".

Did your 3500x have bent or damaged pins?

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

I wanted to convey that here. Processor ping is fine

0 Likes