cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

makisryzen
Journeyman III

RYZEN 5 2600X stays at high temperature at idle state, until I open ryzen master

So, I built a PC in which I use the ryzen 2600x with bequiet pure rock slim cooler. Whenever I play a "heavy" game, the temperature rises at 70-80 degrees, which is fine. But when I close the game, the temp stays as it is, 70 degrees at idle state, even if I don't run anything. Then, I open ryzen master and suddenly temp falls at 48-50 degrees. Used also NZXT Cam to check it and yes, still whenever I open ryzen master temperature falls to normal idle values. 

I made a test, I opened a "heavy" game and run it for a while. I could hear the fans of my case moving faster. Then I closed the game and I left the room for a while. PC was in idle state and the fans still had the same speed when I came back after 10 minutes. I opened ryzen master and the fans lowered speed and the temperature as well.

Any idea what causes this? Is it harmfull for my computer? If yes, how can I fix it?

I will appreciate any answer. 

My rig is this:

- CPU: RYZEN 5 2600X || CPU COOLER: BE QUIET! PURE ROCK SLIM || CASE: SHARKOON VG6-W RED || MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK FATAL1TY B450 GAMING K4 || PSU: SHARKOON ATX SHP 80 PLUS BRONZE RYZEN COMPATIBLE 120MM LOW NOISE FAN 600W || RAM: HYPERX FURY BLACK 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ || SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GB 2.5'' SATA3 || GPU:GIGABYTE GTX1650 4G OC

0 Likes
1 Reply
mdfx
Adept II

I think this is some sort of thermal sensor issue related to the motherboard, check the thread

0 Likes