Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

A-ACH
Adept I

Ryzen 2950x Very slow on windows 11

Hello there!
I hope that someone can help me! 

My Ryzen TR 2950x running slower than 1950x on windows 11 v23H2, I did a lot of Cinebench2024 tests recently but the result is bad (under 600pts i most tests), Also sometimes it freezes during rendering with V-Ray or ArnoldRenderer,
I had lot of drop performance generally and drop FPS in gaming, I  reset the Bios to it's default settings but still the same sluggish & slow!

Regards,

My Specs:
Mobo: MSI MEG X399 Creation

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100I RGB Platinium,

GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti

64GB RAM,

2x M.2 Samsung 980 Pro 500GB/1TB).

0 Likes
48 Replies

Thanks much to SerchTech.       A-ACH, SerchTech results are very similar to yours. The memory is running at 1600 MHz while yours is running 1067 MHz and in 3 channel. I think we have identified the problem and delt with as best as possible. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks misterj

Yes, I forgot to mention that my configuration is Quad-Channel 4x16GB XMP 3200Mhz

CPU-Z_CPU.png

CPU-Z_MB.png

CPU-Z_Mem.png

CPU-Z_SPD.png

Best regards

0 Likes

Hello @misterj, I think the ram speed not the issue here because i already tested at 1466/1400Mhz speed by enable XMP profile 1/2 in BIOS settings but i get similar result.

0 Likes
A-ACH
Adept I

Hi misterj, Can you please take a look on the photos bellow, I spotted those spots while i am installing a new CPU liquid cooler ! Tell me what is that is it normal or what is that exactly!!
@SerchTech  Btw i get a new BIOS Beta version from MSI, Updated to the new one, restart to OS and all things seams working in the first OS boot even get some extra scores in CB24 and FPS in WZ3, but once i restart the pc all that is gone and start with very slow OS Boot it takes ages and scores get worse, Drop FPS & lag, Latency even in simple task on the system.. i don't know what happens, weird.

@misterj  Here's the photos:

RyzenTR2950x_Photo_2.jpgRyzenTR2950x_Photo_3.jpgRyzenTR2950x_Photo_4.jpgRyzenTR2950x_Photo_5.jpgRyzenTR2950x_Photo_6.jpg
Update: It is the same 2/3 Spots from different angles

0 Likes

Thanks A-ACH, very good news for the new BIOS version from MSI

About your 2950X and as already said in my first post, you should address your questions directly to AMD, I also feel a lot of respect for @misterj knowledge but we are Users and they are Pro, reason enough to trust them.

And now please notice the green arrow in the screenshot below, page 26 of X399 MEG Creation User Manual

MEGCMOS.png

I would recommend uninstalling all components and disconnecting all cables including PSU, removing the CMOS battery and inserting the appropriate jumper in JABAT1, reinstalling and connecting all components and cables and finally inserting the CMOS battery and removing the JABAT1 jumper taking into account If your GPU is dual-slot you will have to do it before reinstalling it on PCI_E1.

After that do a clean installation of Windows 11, latest AMD Chipset Drivers using AMD Ryzen Power Plan, install GPU drivers and test it.

Maybe you haven't noticed a difference with different DRAM speeds but I agree with @misterj, a new 4x16GB Quad-Channel kit would be recommended, I'm using 2 x HX432C16FB3K2/32 at 3200mhz Cl16 without problem and guessing also could be compatible on your system but DRAM compatibility depends from each manufacturer, in this case MSI. Hoping other Users share its experieces here about DDR4 3200 CL16 on MSI Zen+ motherboards.

Please keep us informed, cheers

0 Likes

Thanks @SerchTech, I've did all of that but still have the issue. Neither AMD or MSI helps fix the issue.

just one thing left to do is to be ensure that the unwanted standoff is removed from the case to avoid cicuitry, Unfortunately i just realized now, so i have to check it this weekend ,

Thanks

0 Likes

A-ACH, I have not noticed this on any of my Threadrippers. I would try cleaning with 99% isopropyl alcohol, which I do as my normal install. Here is the online support portal for AMD. Where did you get your processor? Is it possible you got some thermal paste (what brand) on it? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks @misterj  i will do it this weekend.

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

W11 is still not optimized, just go back to W10. I upgraded to W11 twice, and only had problems, reverted back to W10 a week after.

0 Likes