Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ravensbane
Adept I

Processor Core fatal hardware errors.

R7-5700x, Asus b450m-k, 32gb corsair DDR4

Having big issues with the pc restarting and leaving no bsod info. Only thing I get is from event viewer:

A fatal hardware issue has occured. Reported by component: processor core. Error source: Machine check exception. Error type: Cache hierarchy error. Processor ap id 5

I was getting this a few weeks ago, sometimes 5 times a day, and thought I had fixed it by using someones suggestion of setting VDDCR Cpu voltage to +0.1v. That stopped it till yesterday where it started all over again  

Tried the suggestion here https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/absolute-despair-constant-processor-core-fatal-hardware-erro... but its still happening with the last restart less than a minute of the pc being in windows.

As the poster there said I have done the software changes. Have ran mem test with both sticks fine. 

Not sure what else to do

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well just isolated it. Recalled I still had an old R5 2700 processor in the basement so put that in and so far it seems to be fine. Been in windows now for about 20 minute vs the 15 seconds previously. Processor was purchased through Amazon so will deal directly with them for replacement or refund.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Ravensbane
Adept I

Oh and to add, it now restarts everytime I go past the windows lock screen. 

0 Likes
lithichok
Journeyman III

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: GTX 1650

CPU: RYZEN 3 3100 4 CORE PROCESSOR

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M H

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc F2

RAM: 16GB

PSU: RPG 500W RAMPAGE

Case: unsure

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11

GPU Drivers: 512.15

Chipset Drivers: unsure

Background Applications: none

Description of Original Problem: computer restarts randomly, often whilst playing demanding game. Screen goes completely black, after a few seconds the computer starts back up again as if it had just been turned on.

In event logs, it gives me this:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Troubleshooting: Installing drivers for CPU, increasing fan speed, removing dust, turning down graphics in said games.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Ravensbane, you should ask AMD about an RMA, here. Please provide the Details tab of the Event Viewer for a couple of incidents. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi John. Dont want to have to do that till I know for sure it is the cpu and not something else such as the psu. Also I cant get event viewer anymore as as soon as I unlock windows it restarts. Dont even get 30 seconds to check event viewer.

0 Likes

Thanks, Ravensbane. Did not realize you could not get into Windows. Your system description is somewhat short of what we need to help you; please correct that. Please remove all but one stick of memory and any other optional cards in your system and see if it will get into Windows. With no information, it is really hard to help you. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Well just isolated it. Recalled I still had an old R5 2700 processor in the basement so put that in and so far it seems to be fine. Been in windows now for about 20 minute vs the 15 seconds previously. Processor was purchased through Amazon so will deal directly with them for replacement or refund.

Ravensbane, if you would like to trouble shoot; provide the SSs from the Event Viewer, then put your 5700x back in and we'll see if we can figure it out. You have never posted your system specification, so who knows? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

event viewer2.jpgevent viewer1.jpg

These are screenshots I took from when it first started happening but are still relevant as the error never changed.

0 Likes

Thanks, Ravensbane. I need to see the Details tab. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

416120199_876348584216751_5092078331942280358_n.png
The first pic with what looks to be hex is the Details tab friendly view. Here it is in XML view

0 Likes

Thanks, Ravensbane. I think an RMA is the best idea. Good luck, John.

0 Likes
serverflake
Journeyman III

It appears that your PC, featuring an R7-5700X processor, Asus B450M-K motherboard, and 32GB Corsair DDR4 RAM, is encountering recurrent fatal hardware errors related to processor core issues. The event viewer reports a machine check exception with a cache hierarchy error, specifically mentioning Processor AP ID 5. Despite trying adjustments to VDDCR CPU voltage and following community suggestions, the issue persists. To troubleshoot, check for overheating, ensure BIOS and drivers are up to date, inspect the power supply, and physically examine components for damage. Consider reaching out to AMD support or specific hardware component support for further assistance if the problem persists after these steps. Always back up important data before making significant changes.

0 Likes