cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

S1ngle-
Adept I

Proccessor ram supported speed

Hello! Recently i have bought Ryzen 7 7700x Raphael and there is exist specification on RAM supported speed, 2x5200Mhz.

I have bought memory ars32g60d5r, 32gb with Tested Speed 6000MhZ
SPD speed is 4800Mhz.

Will processor support lower RAM speed?
Will processor support Faster speed?
For some reason in slot 1 and 3 in motherboard computer does not even boot up the bios, but in slot 2 and 4 it starts bios and my OS
Can the problem relates somehow to incompatible RAM to CPU or i should research more on motherboard& ram compatability?

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

S1ngle-, it should support slower speed, no problem. See here for maximum speeds. Need more detail on the boot problem, but it sounds like a MB problem, so I suggest you open a ticket with them. Please post all your system components. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

First you need to post the Make & Model of your Motherboard to find out its RAM Specs.

That will show you what RAM Speeds your Motherboard supports. Also your Motherboard's QVL List will show you what Speeds your RAM Part Number will be supported by the motherboard.

With the newer Motherboards the standard Dimm Slots to install RAM is generally 2 & 4  and 1 & 3 or A2 & B2 and A1 & B1.

If you install one stick of  Dual Channel RAM in Dimm Slots 1-4 it will only work as a Single Channel RAM but if you install 2 Dual Channel RAM Sticks in Dimm Slots 2 & 4 or 1 & 3 the RAM will work as Dual Channel RAM.

In older Motherboards, if you install one Ram Stick in any Dimm Slots it would at least boot into BIOS or into Windows.

Now why your motherboard didn't boot up when you had a RAM stick installed in Dimm Slots 1 & 3 could be a defective Motherboard or possibly CPU or it could be normal for the new 600 Series Motherboards.

Does the PC Boot up if you install RAM in Dimm Slots 1 & 3?

Could be due to the new AMD EXPO where RAM needs to go through a learning process first before booting up.

If the RAM was incompatible it would do the same thing in any Dimm Slot. But since the PC boots up normally in the correct Dimm Slots it doesn't sound like incompatible RAM.

I would open a Motherboard Support ticket and find out if that is normal for their  motherboards or not.

0 Likes

My RAM ars32g60d5r is not presented in the QVL, that is the reason, why i asked question. I'm thinking that this is might be the problem, but i'm not sure. I need some advice what to do?
Return back Processor MB to the shop and ask them to check it in service center?
Or try to get new cheap RAM that is presented in the QVL list

0 Likes

I didn't realize the Gigabyte made RAM Modules.

Anyway I googled your Gigabyte RAM part number and found Gigabyte's Support QVL List for Motherboards for that RAM Module:

Screenshot 2023-02-05 093756.png

you didn't mention the Make & Model of your Motherboard so here is the entire QVL List for your Gigabyte RAM Part number.

If your motherboard is not a Gigabyte Motherboard then it is possible it may not be completely compatible since it seems like that RAM was engineered to work in Gigabyte's Motherboards.

0 Likes

YEah, i'm sorry, motherboard is MSI PRO B650-P WI-FI

Open a Gigabyte Support ticket and asked them if their brand of RAM is compatible with most Non-Gigabyte AMD 600 series motherboards.

0 Likes