Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Polo228
Adept I

Problem with my amd ryzen 5 5600G

Hello,

I posted this on the graphics forum but I don't know if it's the right thing so I'm posting it here too
I currently have a pc with an amd ryzen 5 5600G. At first I had screen shakes, then I had nothing for a long time. But since a while, and occasionally, my screen shakes and suddenly, no more video output. My pc is always on, and when I turn it back on via the button, the CPU LED on my motherboard lights up, and I have to turn off the power. When I turn on my computer again, everything is fine. I only experience this in office tasks, not in games, but especially when my pc has just turned on and is in the windows 11 connection menu. I recently changed a fan, I don't know if it has anything to do with it, and I also have my power cable that when you bend it too much it sizzles and the computer shuts down. My power supply is also a bit old. Thank you!
PS: I'm not English so I use a translator, sorry for the mistakes!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jonoace
Adept II

Hi how old is your power supply and what are the specs of it? you need to put more information on your PC hardware on here, and did you build it yourself or purchase from a vender? Without this information we cannot help you.

@Jonoace wrote:

Hi how old is your power supply and what are the specs of it? you need to put more information on your PC hardware on here, and did you build it yourself or purchase from a vender? Without this information we cannot help you.

Thank you for your reply.

I have done OCCT tests before, and everything is fine, and this phenomenon never happens when I do greedy tasks. This is quite byzantine. By the way, I forgot to mention that before doing the buggy, a byzzard noise is heard.

Here are the characteristics of my pc:

Processor: AMD ryzen 5 5600G

Motherboard: MSI pro B550M-P gen 3

Case fan: Artic P12 PWM

Processor fan: The original one, supplied with the processor.

Power supply: Antec NeoPower 500 (it is very old, 10 years approximately).

Storage: I have a nvme SSD and two HDDs, one of 1ton and a smaller one of 250gb that I got from a laptop

Ram : 2*8gb g.skill agesis 3200Mhz

Screen: LG 22M37A-B

I also have an Azus Wi-Fi card

I don't know if the problem could come from the fact that the screen is Intel compatible and not AMD, or my power supply or power supply cable, but it's quite byzzard because in benchmark or in game, it doesn't turn off.

Thank you and have a nice evening!

PS: and the byzzard noise, it sounds like a HDD noise, but windows is not on my hdd, but on an nvme.

0 Likes

Power supply: ANTEC Neo Power 500 (it is very old, 10 years approximately). This could be the problem ,it might be on it's way out and not providing a stable current. 

1. Check what ATI Graphics Drivers you have installed and make sure it is the latest drivers. 

2. Check to make sure you have very latest chipset AMD  drivers for the chipset.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

3. Reset your BIOS TO DEFAULTS  and see if it will resolve  the issue. 

4. check your monitor settings in windows  and go into advanced settings and make sure it is set 60mhz and not 144mhz windows should detect this in any case. 

5.  Check the temps of your CPU using Ryzen master and do a stress test  with Cenebench R23. 

6, I would advice to get a decent CPU cooler, I never use the stock coolers they crap. 

I have a suspicion it might be your power supply. a 10 year old one is well passed its sell by date!!  

I will check that, thanks 

0 Likes

Bend power cable too much & it sizzles, shuts down pc?

Cut the end connectors off, throw it in rubbish & get a new cable.  

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes