cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Maxone
Journeyman III

PC with Ryzen 7 3700X rebooting under some load.

Hello, 

All is well most of the time, but when I use CPU intensive apps, games, the pc will go into reboot

(I use it to play a game (Bloons TD6) which use mostly the CPU, have Chrome with lots of tabs open/vidéos or scan files in Plex server, and then, the PC will go into reboot... 

The GPU does not seem to be the problem when it happens (had quite a few still not playing games).

My computer:

CM: MSI X570-A Pro (BIOS up to date 7C37vHN, AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.C update, I have had the problem from older bios too)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X (not overclocked, from 2019, temp goes from the ~40°c+ to ~70°c+)

RAM: 2x8Gb PNY 8GBF1X08SHLL42-135-K (DDR4-4000, just tried to underclock it to 3600 but still same problem, from 2021)

GPU: RTX 2600 (not overclocked, from 2019)

PSU: Corsair AX760 80PLUS Platinum (from 2013)

Cooler: Just installed an AIO Watercooling Liquid Freezer III 240 / I used to use a Noctua NH-D14 (And I had the same reboot problem)

I have a log made with HWinfo from last reboot, but I don't know how to read and comprehend the informations.

Uploaded the LOG file here : https://file.io/9beXmVbFPDx5

Another LOG (went into reboot in the middle of a 10min OCCT Power test) : https://file.io/jjEiPUWBetU5

(The system did not reboot after a test run for gpu, cpu multi et single in cinebench 24, nor in a 10min test for the gpu/cpu/ram on OCCT, but the after 5min in the power test, the system went into multi-reboot). 

I don't understand these reboots, even in the ~70°c the CPU should not be a problem, the GPU is not used much.

I do not pursue performance, but silence in my build. It's enough to let me play on 1080p.

Thank you for your help!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Maxone
Journeyman III

To reply to myself.

I bought a new PSU and new RAM.

The change of the PSU did not solve the problem.

The RAM did. Bought some old Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Go (2x8Go) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16)

Tried some OCCT Power test for a few days without problem or reboot.

0 Likes