cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Chato_v2
Adept II

PBO and Ryzen 9 7900x

I recently upgraded my platform from AM4 to AM5. Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Wifi gaming, Ryzen 9 7900x, Gskill 32gb of RAM, and a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6950 XT. When I use Ryzen Master software to use PBO and it ask me to restart my PC for settings to take affect. When I do my PC does not post. It stays on the red light error on my MoBo which indicates that the CPU has a error. I have to reset the BIOS and I can post again.

Chato_v2_0-1682181745596.png

There is a jumper on my MoBo for CPU voltage and right now the jumper is set too disable. Will this be any reason why I cant enable PBO on my CPU, or is it a other issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
DWM901
Adept I

It will be something else that jumper is only for extreme overclocking with LN2 I have same motherboard with a 7800x3d try enabling it in bios instead. 

Ok cool wasn't sure if this was an issue or not. Thanks for the reply

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Like @DWM901 said, don't use that, its unnecessary.

Use the board BIOS to do your tweaking. That board should already have PBO enforced on BIOS.

Have a look and if you wish to push it further, change from Auto to Enabled.

AUTO (CPU decides the PBO)

Enabled (Board decides the PBO) 

Disabled (PBO disabled) 

There can be other options like, manual, aggressive, eco mode.. but for F version, Im not sure. 

The Englishman

See I played with that option and had it disabled, and when I tried it on the software and it did not post I thought the was reason why, so when i enabled it and tried again it did the same thing lol. So it seems that Ryzen master is pretty much built in the BIOS. Then why di I need Ryzen Master lol

Thanks for the reply