cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joemixx
Journeyman III

My Ryzen 7 5800g idle at 90 every few minutes

I recently install Ryzen Master to try the curve optimizer, after i've done all the test that the program does it work great for couples days then i turn my pc on again and the temp starts from 40-50 to suddenly 80-90 in a couple of minutes then start to go back down to 40-50 in a couple of minutes, it has continued to happen non stop 

- i tried reinstalling the liquid cooler and added a new thermal paste, does not help at all

- i disable the curve optimizer and set it to default, still not work

my specs 

Ryzen 7 5800g

Arctic Liquid freezer ii 240

b350m pro-vd plus

16gb bus 2666

GeForce RTX 3070 8gb

Capture.PNG

Can someone help me?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

joemixx, Thanks much for the RM screenshot! I suspect something is seriously wrong with your CPU cooler. I would suggest plugging the pump directly into 12 Volts. Talk to the AIO support and ask  if your cooler needs to be RMAed. Thanks and enjoy, John.

FunkZ
Paragon

Your screenshot indicates very little CPU utilization, nowhere near enough to warrant the temperature recorded. As @misterj states, the CPU cooler is suspect. Try to monitor the pump speed of the AIO cooler using either Artic software utility or one from your motherboard MSI. As temperature increases it should show pump speed and/or fan speed increasing. Make sure both have power and are connected correctly!

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
joemixx
Journeyman III

Thank you for both the replies and sorry for getting back so late, like both of the comments said the main issue was my CPU cooler, i found out later that the pump has died so now i'm back to using the stock cooler and the temp went back to normal again!