cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

drtitkid
Journeyman III

my GPU AMD R7 M440 always spiking up and down and drop the fps so low, can you help me what is the problem?

when i play games, the fps sometimes stable and sometimes it drops so low, I found out that my GPU2 was spiking up and down spontaneously. Can you tell me how to fix this problem, please? Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply

Not much you could do with integrated graphics but ive got some ideas you can try to test out and see if it helps.

First off, Make sure to keep everything in your system upto date (GPU/Chipset drivers, windows update etc) then open up Radeon Settings > Gaming Tab > Global Graphics then set all the settings there like anti lag, enhanced sync etc to disabled but leave all the stuff in the advanced tab alone to its defaults unless your playing an OpenGL game in which case you may need to enable OpenGL Triple Buffering in the advanced options to improve performance on some OpenGL games.

Next open up Windos Graphics settings (you can search for it by just type it in the windows start menu) then select Classic app in the choose app preference, then click on browse and add all the the exe file for the games your having issues with, after your done adding them, Click on the options for each one and select High Performance power profile for each, Doing this will overide the default power profile you have set for windows every time you launch that program.

(Noticed some games like A.O Tennis require you to do these steps otherwise the game is a stuttering mess and is almost unplayable)

Lastly, always keep your laptop/notebook plugged in while gaming cause your system will automatically lower the power draw for your integrated GPU and CPU to save battery life and thus lowering your FPS.

Doing these steps isn't guaranteed to fix the issues you are having but it does improve performance on some of the  games i'm playing on my R9 380x, RX470 and RX580 so it doesnt hurt to give it a try.

0 Likes