cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Angrycomik
Journeyman III

Issue with DDR5 EXPO speeds

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/issue-with-ddr5-speeds-expo-does-not-work-nore-does-any-ram/...
Hi, i have the issue pretty similar to this one. However, i can run and play with 6000 cl30 memory.  But the speeds are not affected from 4800 cl40 profile(i get 60k in read and copy), only 80k at writing,~80 latency.  On 4800 all are 60k, so read and copy speeds aren't affected(even by going 6200).
My mb is b650m pg riptide.
Memory is F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N. It is supported, and i tried downgrading to bios mentioned on asrock page, however, it changed nothing.
Tried raising ram voltages up to 1.4V, soc to 1.26. 
What can  I do to fix this issue, since i'm losing ~25% of RAM perfomance.
Memtest5 returning no errors

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is it actually running at 6000 in Windows? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory is one way)

What does a program like ZenTimings say your RAM is running at?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Zentimings, task manager, aida64, cpu-z, all are saying it is 6000mhz

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

If you don't have stability issues then there is no point on increasing VDD/Q and vSoC voltages.

I would try other benchmarks as well. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Same thing happens.
Tried windows cmd test, gfx, passmark 
I now tried 6000 preset with auto timings(they were set to 50), and run the test again. only writing speed is affected, no changes on both reading and copy

0 Likes

Do you have Memory Context Restore set to Auto or Enabled?

If so, try disabled.

If you updated BIOS recently, or even if you didn't, try resetting CMOS and then load defaults.
Use EXPO II if available and try again.

Loosening timmings and increasing voltage is only useful when the system is returning errors or crashing.

Do you see any differences in gaming? Do a simple test, not all games like fast ram but here's and example of tomb raider.

johnnyenglish_0-1685096952641.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

actually i've seen other people tests and they have the same results. with 7700x their speeds are just like mine, 60k on reading and copying and 80k on writing. think it's the issue with processor's memory controller, since r9 with the same memory is working as it should be.
however, it's sad we can't get any perfomance boost from the better memory, but still the amd declares that 6000 mhz is a sweet spot for 7700x...

0 Likes