Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fattainnaime
Adept I

Is my processor authentic?

Hi, 

2 month ago i built my pc with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G. Shop owner said that processor is authentic but now i realize that qr code sn number and processor sn number is not matching.

Here is all the pictures.

1000007276.jpg

1000007277.jpg

 this show when i scan the QR code on the box.

But the sn number is not matching with processor sn 

1000007279.jpg

Is it authentic or not?

17 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

The part number on the chip 100-000000263 indicates it is a Ryzen 7 5700G, however it is an OEM/Tray processor. These are NOT retail box processors, they come in a plastic blister pack, do not include a cooler and only have a 30-day warranty.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

The seller said to me that the process is channeled and it will available for 3 year warranty and it is not Trey processor. 

AMD only warranties OEM processors for 30 days. It's on the seller (usually a PC builder) to provide any additional warranty. As @goodplay pointed out, the label has a misspelling and indicates a 5700X not G. Overall this looks very shady.

Then the seller lied to me.

The seller / shop owner could offer you a 3 year warranty, but they would have to support that, not AMD.

Most OEM processors are purchased in bulk by system builders (like Dell, HP, etc.) and then sold as part of a complete PC. If you have a problem with a pre-built system you have to take it back to them for support.

I have heard of scams (not saying this is one of them, but very suspicious) where they get bulk used PCs cheap, (such as customer returns, company lifecycle, etc.) disassemble them, take the working processor and put it in a fake box and sell it as new. Then there are worse scams where they actually change the printing on the top of the CPU to make it look like it's a more expensive chip.

So you've had this CPU for 2 months, does it work? Does it appear in the software as a 5700G and perform as it should?

So you've had this CPU for 2 months, does it work?---> Yes it working well.

Does it appear in the software as a 5700G and perform as it should?---> Yes it appear 5700g and i think it preform as it should. You can suggest me how can i test it. Usually i use Android studio for developing and building Android app and open 30-40 chrome tab at ones. It can handle easily without any hassle.

I build my pc with custom configuration not buy a pre-build pc.

If I encounter problems with the processor after the official AMD warranty (1 month) has expired, how does the seller manage the warranty? The chip is not a typical electronic component repairable by a local mechanic. Do they provide a three-year warranty with a lower risk chance of failure, selling it at the official box processor price? In case of a breakdown, they will replace it with another tray processor?

Use CPU-Z software or similar to identify the processor. Make sure the Name, Code Name, Cores/Threads, etc. show up as expected. (5700G, Cezanne, 8/16)

Look for a review of the 5700G with benchmark scores and check vs. yours to see if performance is comparable. Note that gaming benchmarks using the integrated graphics could score differently depending on the speed of the memory, so try and find a review with system specs similar to yours.

You would have to check with the seller what their warranty policy is, but yes if the CPU fails the seller would likely have to find you a replacement 5700G or substitution part, there is very little chance the CPU could be repaired.

Here is the screenshot of CPU-Z and online validation link https://valid.x86.fr/48h1vz

fattainnaime_0-1704827739984.png

fattainnaime_1-1704827760925.png

'Radeon' on the label misspelt, the QR code part # is a 5700X.

Wonder what barcode & cache size is on the other part of label?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Here is it.

1000007349.jpg

Have a look at https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/pib-authenticity

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I would open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty ticket (https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.htmland upload your processor serial number plus the photos in this thread of your Retail box and processor to see if the Serial number actually is from a Official Retail Box or a OEM/TRAY processor which AMD Warranty doesn't cover.

AMD Support than can check to see if your processor is Retail or OEM/TRAY by it serial number.

I can see you having doubts about your processor. Because if it is a OEM/TRAY then you don't have the 3 year AMD Warranty and the Retailer is responsible for your processor's warranty not AMD.

All OEM/TRAY Processor are warrantied under the Wholesale/Retailer/Company that purchased the OEM/TRAY from AMD and sold to the public. AMD warranty for OEM/TRAY covers the sale to the Retailer or company only and not to the Wholesalers/Retailers/Company Customers.

From AMD Warranty:

If the processor was purchased separately and was not sold in a sealed, retail-packaged box, the processor is considered to be OEM. Warranty service will be provided by the point of purchase and not AMD.

Was the AMD Retail box completely sealed with no areas cut?

If the AMD Retail box looks like it had been tampered with it is possible someone removed the original processor and replaced with another one.

NOTE: If this was purchased in Europe, you automatically have a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer as per EU Consumer laws. 

Was the AMD Retail box completely sealed with no areas cut? -->It was sealed.

I am from Bangladesh which is Asian countrie.

I am from Bangladesh, which is 

You can confirm your processor Serial number by opening a AMD SUPPORT - WARRANTY Ticket to verify you have a Retail processor from my previous link.

This is not opening a Warranty ticket but ticket concerning your Warranty on the processor.

Angeluk
Challenger

There are different channels. Sometimes the supplier covers the warranty, not the manufacturer.
It is weird that your CPU SN does not match the SN on the box? Question this with the supplier

I asked the supplier he said that this is packaging mistake but the processor is channels.
It will get 3 year warranty.

koleinnai
Adept I

Visit AMD's guide to verify the authenticity of your boxed processor.

BFH