cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

anton106
Adept I

How much can you chill?

Hello, the question is how much you can cool the processor and video card to get the maximum frequencies?
Available for example Ryzen 7 5700X
And an almost simple GIGABYTE X570S UD motherboard.
An old DDR4 G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-32GISB.
Cheap RX 6600.
And since acceleration depends on temperature, what if we cool it on a constant basis at a low temperature, for example, at -100 ° C?
At a minimum, the thermal conductivity of silicon itself is greatly increased. But unfortunately -100 is already difficult to implement technically and there are too many problems with other computer components. Especially if you do not forget about condensate, all the main components (GPU, CPU, motherboard, ram) must be packed in a sealed heat-insulated case.
So the target temperature is -50°C, using a liquid circuit filled with for example Novec or, in extreme cases, alcohol. Which, in turn, is cooled by a cascade freon system with a total cooling capacity of 1-2 kW at -50°C. With a margin. At ambient temperature +30°C.
The question is, what will fail first at this temperature?
All data drives will be on the extension and outside the case.
The entire periphery will also be lengthened to avoid depressurization and condensation.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SVHawk13
Adept I

EVGA created a closed-loop cooler (named ROBOCLOCKER) that used LN2 for the coolant. I'd look into that for some insight.

Unfortunately, this device is not a closed and open circuit. Because of this, a new LN2 is constantly required. That is, in addition, you need a Dewar vessel, which also needs to be replenished. And also adds the problem of displacing air with nitrogen

0 Likes