Did you mean: 

Processors

JustEndRay
Adept I

Experiencing High CPU Usage and Lag on AMD Ryzen 5 7600

I own this set-up:

Asus ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING

AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8(5.1)

Kingston DDR5 32GB 6000Mhz(KF560C36BWE-32)

MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT MECH 2X OC

Windows 11 is on Kingston KC3000 3D

Im satisfied of the performance r7 7600 in general , but I looked at a bunch of tests of this processor and my friend owns the same, and there is one big inconsistency in these tests and my result - constantly bid load on the processor, as an example - in games such as dead space remake, battlefield 2042, baldurs gate 3 fps I have the same fps in all tests, but the load of the processor is constantly at 100 percent, when other users in the same dead space or battlefield 2042 it does not even reach 70 and as a consequence of constant freezes, lags. Processor without overclocking, after 20 minutes of stress test in furmark cpu burner frequency is +- 5.1 hhz, the temperature is +-  75 degrees and consume about 60-80 watts/ I am writing to this forum to understand why most users do not have such a problem with constant loading at 100 percent. All drivers and windows updates are updated to the latest versions at the moment. All 12 threads are working, in the background no other programs like discord or browser is not running and at idle load on the processor system is not more than 10 percent. EXPO profie on ram is on so its 6000mgz cl 32.

17 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

JustEndRay, we at least needs some evidence. Please do a Clear CMOS then run Cinebench (R24) and post screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). Also post a image of RM at idle. Your processor maximum temperature is 95C. Windows CPU usage is usually wrong. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

1.png2.pngUntitled.png

Cleared CMOS and made this screenshots( didnt even apply expo profile so ram is on 4800). Last screenshoot is when system idle and nothing is on background. First screenshot is multicore test after 2 minutes and second screenshoot is same test after 5 minutes.

0 Likes

Thanks, JustEndRay. A few things to mention: I do not need to see Cinebench, only RM. Please do not cutoff RM image on the sides or top/bottom. cpurpe91 says selecting OC is causing your maximum to be set to 75C. My old Ryzen does not do such a thing. I see no problem here. All cores running at near maximum is OK if the other parameters stay low. PPT meter is red meaning that the processor is being throttled. How did your Cinebench score compare to others?

What CPU cooler do you have? Is this a laptop? Please leave your system like this until we are finished. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Removed 75c limit so now its 95. Screenshoot is cinibecnh after 5 mins. Results are low. Avarge 7600 can get about 800+ points in multicore test and my hit only 650+-. I v got NZXT H1 V2 with pre-built aio. 3.png

0 Likes

Thanks, JustEndRay. How did you remove the 75C limit? PPT meter being RED is what is throttling the processor. If you cannot use an image posting site, please use .jpg file type. If you would like to try raising PPT limit, let me know. This limit is set by your MB vendor. It may be the MB VRM that is hurting your performance. The VRM needs plenty of heft to run the processor at full speed. Please run Cinebench again to completion and save image as a .jpg file. Does your board have a TPM header? Thanks and enjoy, ,John.

Limit was removed by RM bug, I tried to use curve optimizer mod in RM, it reboted pc but in rebooting pc didnt even pass post and was black screen with no signal for 10 mins. I turned it off and turned on again, it started normal and in RM there was no temp limit for now so its some sort of bug I guess. Yes my MB has tpm header and its working and safe boot is ON in my win11.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

First screenshoot is hwinfo stats of MB mid of cinebench r24 test. Second is RM mid of cinebench r24 test. Thrid is best score out of 3 attempts of cinebench r24 multicore test( 2 others didnt even reach 700)

https://ibb.co/MDZLLYY 
https://ibb.co/G3NPxvh 
https://ibb.co/jV5Hdfr

this are links for same screenshots above

And i`d like to try to raise PPT limit and test, maybe it will help to lose freezes.

0 Likes

Sorry, JustEndRay, the images are totally unusable. Also I have seen so many obviously bad data from hwinfo and its likes, I do not believe them. Please post your images of RM on a hosting site, like postimage. Are you still seeing a lag? Do you use the TPM header? Do you want to try increasing limit on PPT? What are your Cinebench scores all core of single core? What is "...mod in RM..."? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Cinebench multicore is 700 and single core is 80. Yep, stil seeing lots of lags. For example, been playing dead space remake and have hudge clock drops and freezes.
https://postimg.cc/zV3z065n
tried on ultra in qhd and even on low in 720p, results are same - 100% cpu usage( checking by amd adrenalin) lots of freezes and huge clock drop from 5.1 to 4.1. Screenshoot is dead space remake on ultra qhd running in the background(there must be gpu bottleneck beacase 6700xt is not fastest one but even if I cap fps lock for 30 I still have freezes and 100% cpu usage and it`s so bad, that I barely can open explorer or something like this on background. For some reason, after rebooting pc RM set temp limit again to 75, one more bug I gues.I dont know how to get it back to 95. No "mod" in RM, just deafult settings except temp limit. And yes, I`d like to increasing limit on PPT.

0 Likes

Thanks, JustEndRay. The images look great! Here is an image of my system setting limits. Select a Profile on the left. Select Precision Boost Overdrive. When you do, the limits will appear for what your are allowed to change, I circled them in red. The value is the maximum allowed by the MB. Please be aware you can damage your MB. I lowered all the values to what I wanted, much lower that what you will see at first. Please be careful and perhaps try a small change first. Hope all goes well. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks for guide, I`ll try and maybe it will help.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

If you look at the Ryzen Master image the temp limit is set to 75.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

cpurpe91, I know that. Please see what the OP thinks caused the 75C limit, above. Thanks, John.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It looks like you have OC selected in Ryzen Master which is limiting the CPU temp to 75c. Just a wild guess but try turning that off.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

cpurpe91, please post a a reference for OC reducing Tj Max. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Seems his limit was changed back to normal but you are correct the ppt is in the red.

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

IT may sound stupid but Windows 10 fresh install will solve your problems I tried W11 twice and both times i was experiencing different problems, first time i had exactly the same problems like your, second time i had problem with GPU, my pc was restarting and games were crashing every now and then, I dont have any of these problems on Windows 10. I suggest you try fresh install on W10. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes

Angeluk, in theory W11 should be better than W10. If you are interested in debugging W11 on your system, please open a new thread listing all your components. BTW, I agree that a fresh install of the OS fixes many problems. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes