Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Matrix367
Journeyman III

CPU stuck at 0.53 speed

Hello,

Recently i've built a new pc and for the first couple of days my CPU was fine. However after waking up one morning and turning on my computer. I noticed it was loading things a little slow, so i loaded up task manager and the cpu speed was at 0.53 execpt 3.80 speed.

I've been searching around the web trying different solutions to this problem but none of them seem to fix it.
Solutions i've Tried:

-Reboot in bios

-Turn off Fast Startup

-Power options (Didn't need to change it anyway because i normally have it on high performance anyway)

-Installing new Bios Update

-Updating chipsets drivers

Pc Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Memory: Corsair 3200 32GB

GPU: Nvidia Gerforce 2060

SSD/HARD DRIVE: Samsung SSD (1TB), Segate 4TB

I normally build computers but this isn't a problem i have had before. Please help me solve this issue or give me ideas!CPU.pngScreenshot 2022-12-05 150945.png

0 Likes
23 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Matrix367, this problem has been around forever, perhaps for all of Ryzen. Please see many posts here and their proposed solutions. I would really like to hear what AMD thinks/knows about it, so please open a support request here. Also please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master both in Advanced and Basic mode. Are you running any "optimization" applications, such as MB Vendor? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Exemplar, I've been looking at different fourms involving this issue but i can't find any good ones. I've been trying to install Ryzen Master but i just can't...
I'm not running any optimization applications and are you able to link fourms involving this issue, i'm not able to find any good ones.

0 Likes

Matrix367, there are too many. Please search on "stuck" and post the requested SSs. What is the Ryzen Master (RM) install problem?  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

When installing Ryzen Master, I would get to the part where it says "installing shield wizard" After that it would say "Windows installer, Preparing to install". After this process it would just disspear and wouldn't come back.

0 Likes

Matrix367, where did you get your RM installer?  If not from here, get a new one and try again. What is the Wattage of your power supply? You said you updated your chip set driver.  If you did not get it from here, the please DL a new copy and install it. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Exemplar, Just retried the Ryzen Master installer from what you gave me and still doing the same actions. I don't know if its just because its really slow or. I'm able to download stuff like ICUE ect but RM not.

0 Likes

Matrix367, I do not know what is going on and without answers I have no chance to determine.  I suggest you do a fresh install of Windows (format drive), update AMD drivers (here) and install NO applications from any vendor, install RM and post the results. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Exemplar, Did a full reset and a fresh install of windows at theses are the results.

Full reset.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Matrix367. Did you format your install disk? Your CPU is in Manual OC Mode.  Please post a SS of RM in Basic mode.  I suspect you must have installed some applications.  What have you installed?  What is the Wattage of your power supply? Please, in the future, make sure the RM SS has all the data. This one as the bottom cut off. Your memory is running at 2133MHz? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Exemplar, Apologises for not sending you the full photo, After the reset the only thing i have installed is Ryzen Master. I haven't installed any applications after the reinstall of windows and reset. The power supply what i have currently is the (EVGA 850 Gold). Also yes, my Ram is currently running at 2133MHz because after the reset i forgot to put it back to it's normal what is at 3200MHz. Snip 2.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Matrix367. I think we are very close.  Please post a SS of a full Advanced View of RM with full width and height. The Basic View is clearly showing your performance problem.  The Current side is very low while the Profile side is showing Default Control Mode.  Have you set a Profile in RM? After the RM SS, please try to see if you can change the Current mode to Default.  Also please send a SS of Basic mode to AMD support and ask why there is a difference in Control mode in the two sides.  Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Your welcome Misterj, The full Screenshot of RM will be below. This is my first evertime using Ryzen Master. I've never set a profile on it. I've tried a couple of times to change to current mode to default but not able to do it. Also i will be sending that SS to AMD Support now!
FULL RM.png

0 Likes

Great, thanks, Matrix367. If you have not done a CMOS reset, please do (use instructions in your manual). Let me know what AMD says about the Basic View. I think that is telling us something! Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Np Misterj, Email has been sent to AMD and waiting for reply. I've Also already done a CMOS Reset so i will wait for the results from AMD. Been in contact soon!

0 Likes

Hello MisterJ, Here is the reply from AMD 
"

Thank you for the response.

As per snapshot you have selected current control mode to manual.

I would suggest you please set the current control mode to default setting and check the issue status."
I don't know how to do that... HOWEVER I HAVE A SUPRISE.

After coming back from a day trip and turned on my pc, My computer is running at its normal rate. Its much more faster than normal but i don't know what fixed it. However it looks good for now. I did restart my computer just to make sure but it's still normal, so thank you mate.

I will keep this fourm open for another day just to make sure its okay, after that i will accept as solution. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes

Weird, Matrix367. Please  post SSs of RM both in Advanced and Basic mode. I hope you told AMD that you did not set Manual mode and could not reset it, it just started running right on its on.

Did you receive any Windows updates, Clear CMOS or make any other changes? Does anybody else use this machine? Please run Cinebench R23 and post the results.

I will close with WEIRD! Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

MisterJ, Yeah it was wierd indeed but suprised aswell. Screenshots are below. I've already let AMD know about the problem and waiting for the email. I did receive window updates but didn't download them until it started working. I litterly got back and booted my pc up and it started working. I even restarted it just to make sure it wasn't that. I confussed so i'm going to leave this forum up a couples days before i resolve it. I wasn't able to change the mode on RM Either however it changed from "Current" to "Precision Boost Overdrive"work 2.pngWork screen 1.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Matrix367. You may or may not want to be in PBO mode.  It violates the warranty.  AMD needs to know that it switched into PBO on its own. They also need to realize that the first Baisc SS (stuck in Manual Mode) is incongruent! Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

MisterJ, No need to worry. I've already let them know that it changed mode by itself and i'm not able to change it. Just waiting for a response, however throughout this whole problem. I want to thank you for helping me.

0 Likes

MisterJ, Sorry for the mulitple msgs however i was able to change it to manel mode and got it much more better now. Thank your for the help mate

0 Likes

Thanks, Matrix367, you are very welcome. Glad to help.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
bonesai
Journeyman III

Ive seen this often with MSI B550 Mainboards. Bios reset could help.. i oersonally would switch mainboard...

0 Likes

Bonesai, Thanks for the bios reset suggestion. If i don't mind a soulution in a couple more days i might return and get a new one however i hope i doesn't come to that.

0 Likes