cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Gbaii
Adept I

Cooling 7800X3D

Because I couldn't calculate the proportions beforehand, my cooler (AK620 Digital) can't fit both fans, only the middle one. Will that one fan keep the temps good for a 7800X3D?

4 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

It seems that DeepCool does not list a TDP handling capability for the AK620 Digital either on their website nor in the product manual.

However based on independent product reviews such as Gamers Nexus, the AK620 places near the top of highest performance air coolers, even when the fans are noise-normalized for quiet operation. Running only one fan you may have to adjust the temperature curve to ramp up fan speed sooner, however it seems the cooler itself is plenty capable of handling the heat load from the 7800X3D.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Seems like CPU Cooler Manufacturers are not posting the TDP Ratings of their products any more.

Normally I am able to locate the TDP Ratings in Retail Advertisements or reviews.

Found this review that mentions the TDP Rating of your CPU Cooler: https://www.eteknix.com/deepcool-ak620-digital-cpu-cooler-review/

DeepCool AK620 DIGITAL features six pieces 6mm all-black heatpipes with raised copper coldplate to maximize heat dissipation to overall 260w TDP which supports even overclocked CPUs for mighty gaming performance. AK620 DIGITAL carries a thermal paste in package, please apply it on after removing the protective film of coldplate.

If you can only fit one Fan see if that is enough to prevent your CPU from overheating under stress by using OCCT stress test.

If the CPU reaches overheating temperatures above 89c then switch out the fan and install a HIGH CFM Fan with a rotation around 4000 -5000 RPM. That should help quite a bit in cooling your CPU than using a regular CPU Fan.

AMD recommends you use a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler for this processor since it has such a high TDP Rating of 120 watts.

Since your Air CPU Cooler is rated at 260 watts it should be sufficient enough to prevent the CPU from overheating under heavy loads but I imagine with more than one fan attached though. So you will need to see if one fan is sufficient or not by stressing the CPU and checking the CPU Temperature.

From AMD Specs concerning your CPU:

Default TDP: 120W

0 Likes
JordanUnderwood
Journeyman III

The review was good, thank you so much for sharing.

I also want to help you by sharing this website. They are an academic writing service provider website. I have also used their https://oxessays.com/ service a few times now, and the help they provided was amazing. They saved me so much time, they helped me get good grades, and I am also learning so many things from them.
0 Likes
432hz
Adept II

Might want to consider an undervolt, although I'm sure there are special considerations for the X3D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes