cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SRes_lol
Journeyman III

Can't seem to turn off overclocking Ryzen 7 7700x

Hello, just recently built my pc with a MSI pro B650-P motherboard that is up to date. I have gotten familiar with the bios settings and am trying to turn off overclocking for testing purposes, etc. When i disable the option, and even disable percision boost overdrive, my CPU still tries to overclock no matter what. I have even undervolted slightly to see if this would make a difference. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or my changes in the bios are not actually saving as they should. Not sure if it is a bios problem. Is there something I don't know?

off topic of turning on or off overclocking, I wanted to note that setting the thermal limit does seem to work so it doesn't run as hot.

Thanks

4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

SRes_lol, I think what you have done wrong is mucking around in the BIOS. You should use Ryzen Master (RM). Please try this: Clear CMOS and set BIOS to Default. Reboot and post screenshots of RM both Basic and Advanced Views. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello misters,

can you explain me step by step how can I disable overclocking my ryzen 7 7700x cause he auto overclock and raises temperatures suddenly from 40 degrees Celsius to 70 - 75. 
Thank you! 

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

Can you please clarify, your CPU is overclocking to what settings???

0 Likes

My cpu overclocks on its own without any reason or any specific setting. Also, when I open Google chrome, the temperature rises and from 40 degrees Celsius it goes immediately to 65 degrees. What can I do to stop this?? 

0 Likes