cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

T0k1
Journeyman III

Boot manager not working on R3 4100

I bought a R3 4100 for my A320M HD2 motherboard,i used to have a ryzen 3 1200 CPU for my pc without any problem.I updated BIOS version and installed the new cpu,but I couldn't have a normal boot,pc just goes into black screen.When i checked the boot manager,there were only names of storage units,no sign of a boot manager.Is there a option should i tick in the BIOS menu or what,because i even tried to change OS but it couldn't save it.

0 Likes
5 Replies
gartho53
Adept I

What manufacturer is your mainboard?

0 Likes

Gigabyte

0 Likes

For your new AMD Processor to be recognized and to boot up you need BIOS Version F51d or newer installed.

Also what is the Make & Model of your GPU card since your processor doesn't have Integrated Graphics on it?

If you are able to enter BIOS then you should have the correct BIOS version installed.

Did you do a CLEAR CMOS when you installed the new Processor?  That would help BIOS to recognize the new Ryzen.

Also you need to install a PC SPEAKER to see why your computer doesn't boot up by the BEEP SEQUENCE it emits when you power up. Since you PC doesn't seem to have any MoBo TROUBLE LED lights or Digital Codes on it.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 074914.png

Make sure you have the 8 pin Aux or CPU power connected to your motherboard.

Another problem could be if you still have the same RAM for both processors installed on the Mobo. The RAM for the R3 1200 might not be fully compatible with the new R3 4100 Ryzen processor.

Check your Mobo QVL List for Ryzen 4100 processor and see if your RAM is listed or not. In your case you will need to check the Pinnacle List since there is no Renoir QVL List for your Mobo. Also it is really out-dated from 2018.

So I would instead go either to your RAM Manufacturer and see if it is compatible with your Processor or AMD Ryzen RAM list from here: https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory-ryzen-3000-to-5000-series-processor

NOTE: But first install a PC SPEAKER and see if the BEEP Sequence indicates a CPU or DRAM or GPU or System issue before purchasing anything.

0 Likes
gartho53
Adept I

I probably should have started with chipset version, as that was all that was required to upgrade from 3000g to 4100. Your reply was much mopre involved as to various avenues to try and rectify the problem. A lot of assumptions made, which is still excellent. I have taken note.

I rescind assumptions and substitute inferences. I believe that is less condescending.

0 Likes