cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jqpser
Adept I

Black Screen :(

Recently, my monitor randomly started to display a “no signal” message across the screen (black screen) and has not displayed any image besides that since. The computer fans all spin, cpu and are on etc. I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem? 

What I have tried:

Cleaning Ram

Cleaning GPU

Cleaning GPU Cables 

Removing CMOS Battery

Testing multiple monitors (by themselves, together etc.) 

Testing hdmi and display port cables 

Testing Different ports on the GPU

SPECS: 

Ryzen 5 5600x 

B550M Asus Tuf

MSI 750 Watt gold psu

corsair vengeance 3600mhz 

Windows 10 

ANY HELP APPRECIATED! 

18 Replies

Go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/forums for any graphics related issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Does it show BIOS at startup?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

nope, can’t get anything (including the bios) to show up 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do you have another system to test the GPU in?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

no but my friend lives a minute away (also, i have tested two gpus in the two slots on the motherboard so the motherboard could be a problem)

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do the debug lights indicate anything is wrong when you try to boot? They are above the 24 pin on that board.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

1) Buy a speaker for the motherboard (it is inexpensive and you will immediately understand what the problem is), also on all motherboards there is an indication of the state of the PC during power-on, see the screenshot I highlighted where it is located (when you turn it on, look at the indicator, which one will hang there and the problem is, what kind of firmware do you have on the motherboard? Try another processor not the 5000 risen line, maybe the bios version does not support the risen 5000, you need to flash a fresh one. 2) Check the monitor, maybe it does not automatically receive a signal from the source or is configured on another port, and check the connection, maybe the cable itself is not fully inserted.435-big-asus-tuf-gaming-b550m-plus-wi-fi 2.jpg

0 Likes

strangely enough, usually i would get the lights flashing one by one while the pc was booting up, which doesn’t happen anymore. also, how would speakers help me? 

0 Likes

Some more things i have noticed are, i can’t shut the pc down without using the power supply. it will turn on with the power button but it will not shut off. finally, i have never had a problem with compatibility in the year i have been using this pc. i upgraded from a place holder rx 570 to a 3070 about a month ago, but even then nothing changed. 

0 Likes

Try to reset the BIOS, unplug it from the socket, or turn off the power supply and then remove the battery from the motherboard, you can wait for 5-10 minutes or close the contacts of the connector where the battery was and re-insert the battery and start the PC.

0 Likes

i’ve already tried that but i’ll do it again 

0 Likes

sadly it didn’t work 

0 Likes

If it is possible to check the processor on your motherboard, or take your processor to a service center, or maybe friends of acquaintances have a similar platform to check with them, at least at the start of the PC, you can, as an option, of course, turn off all drives (ssd hdd m2) to check what will happen. Not knowing that in service centers most of the non-working PCs come exactly on the amd platform and it is the processor that is to blame, it is possible that he, or try another one, remove the cooling system, and the CPU, and remove the processor and insert it again, you can also pull out the RAM and install it again, or leave one RAM bar, and about the speaker for the motherboard, it emits a characteristic sound when turned on and on all bios it + - the same and it can be used to determine what the problem is, usually it beeps once for a short time, which means everything went well and the PC loads the windows system further. You just need to identify which component does not allow the PC to load. In general, try first to remove the RAM and leave at least one bar in the slot (see the book in which slot you need to leave it goes with the motherboard) first, swap one plaka, if there is no result, remove or disconnect all data drives, if there is also no result, then try to remove the CPU cooling system and remove the processor, perhaps from a little out of the socket, and it is desirable to check it somewhere, it is banal to turn on and the bios appears, of course you can check the video card if there is such an opportunity. It's difficult, of course, for a non-experienced user, but what to do, or ask someone from friends who is well versed, let them help, I had a problem for a long time, I took the PC to the store, friends worked there and helped check all the components, since the store has everything you need and the processor and RAM and video cards.

0 Likes

i reseated my cpu cable and then my pc turned back on, i had a problem with booting into windows but it’s resolved now, and then i was playing some games last night and everything was fine. today however, the dram light on my pc keeps turning off and on. what do you think i should do? 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The DRAM light indicates a memory problem, naturally. I would try each stick in every slot to rule out an actual ram issue. 

Turn off the PC.

Turn off the PSU and unplug it.

Remove RAM. 

Insert stick A into the first slot.

Then plug in the PSU and turn it on.

Then try to power on the PC.

I would repeat this for each slot on the motherboard one stick at a time and see if the debug light trips. If it does you have three potential scenarios. Your RAM is bad or that dimm slot on the motherboard is bad or both. You can also check RAM using the memory diagnostic tool in Windows. It takes a while but it will log any errors in Event Viewer.

0 Likes
Jgparisi
Journeyman III

I just ran a driver update for my 6800xt and got the same thin. Black screen, computer turns on but display not recognized. Took my pC to microcenter and the tech says I need a new GPU. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Can you see the BIOS splash screen at start up?

0 Likes
Leendert
Journeyman III

Reinstall newest video drivers as administrator. That worked for me after I lost 2 of my 3 screen after the latest windows update. Only display port attached monitor started up.

0 Likes