cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

N3WB_Zero
Journeyman III

Bad cpu or motherboard

I just put together a new pc with a msi x570s mag tomohawk max wifi, ryzen 9 5900x and Radeon 6800. I got it running was able to start downloading the drivers then after it restarted the pc from downloading the new amd chipset drivers it got stuck in a reboot/rebuilding loop then it stopped showing any display at all and my mouse and keyboard were no longer working not even the power button. I reset the bios tried updating it for the 5900x again and still got nothing. But before this it was also stuck in the whea error restart loop and to fix it I updated the bios and reinstalled windows. But now I have nothing at all I’ve tried reseting bios,changed out ram, checked to see if it was the monitor. The only thing to change was that my power button started working again before I could turn it off at all and had to use the switch for the power supply.

0 Likes
1 Reply
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, you have two ways. 

Can you test it, the cpu, in another system? 

And if not. Does the board has some sort of troubleshooting led or similar? The board should throw you a cpu error during post, if there isn't any, I'll put my chances on the board.

Also, you can try grabbing those old board speakers to listen for the error code. 

Good luck 

_20220912_110022.JPG

The Englishman
0 Likes