cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Magic_The
Journeyman III

Any way to change chipset voltage?

hi, so im coming from intel, and so far i love amd products, but i cant seem to find chipset voltage,

i have gigabyte x570s master and 5700x3d, there no option to change chipset core voltage, maybe im doing something wrong?

thanks in advice.

0 Likes
8 Replies

Download AMD Ryzen Master to monitor and use different profiles for your processor.

Best way, Over/Under clock, or to change your Processor's voltages is through BIOS itself and not Ryzen Master.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The X570 Chipset?

You mean CPU vCore or vSoC perhaps?

The Englishman
FunkZ
Forerunner

What are you trying to achieve by "change chipset core voltage"?

Enabling XMP/EXPO increases vDIMM for the memory and vSoC for the CPU memory controller.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

im trying to lower the chipset temps.

0 Likes

Ok, but what are you trying to achieve? Overclock the CPU core speed? Overclock the Infinity Fabric? Why do you want to adjust this voltage?

BTW my understanding of the 5000 series X3D parts is it's not possible to manually overclock them. Originally when the 5800X3D launched you couldn't even enable PBO. With the release of other X3D chips and BIOS update I believe you can use PBO now.

0 Likes

not trying to oc (as you said you cant oc 5700x3d) and i dont even need to oc, just wanted to lower my pch (x570 chipset) temps, its getting like 50c in gaming.

0 Likes

50°C for the X570 chipset is perfectly normal. They do tend to run a little warmer than a B550 chipset for example, that's why most manufacturers put a fan on them. I wouldn't worry with undervolting at that temp, particularly if you have any storage or other PCIe devices connected through it. If you don't I believe most BIOS allow you to disable certain chipset features.

0 Likes

Here is some critical information that will help you understand your processor's temperatures. From AMD specs:

Default TDP: 105W

Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax): 90°C

EDIT: Just read your last reply and edit my original reply in this post since I see it has nothing to do with your processor but with your Motherboard's temperatures.

One way to lower Motherboard temperature is having good air flow circulation inside your PC case.

Found this article about Motherboard Temperatures and fixes to overheating motherboards: https://www.cgdirector.com/motherboard-temperature-guide/

I

What is a Safe Motherboard Temperature?

Generally, a safe motherboard operating temperature sits anywhere between 30 and 80 degrees Celsius (C).

If your motherboard temperature is above 80C, it might start to worry you a little, but fret not, it really hasn’t crossed danger territory.

Much of both your idle and load temperatures will depend on factors like your ambient room temperatures, airflow in your case, the hardware you’re using, the quality of your motherboard, and so on.

Most motherboard manufacturers will include the exact safe temperature range in their product technical specifications and manuals.

Specific models are rated to withstand up to 125 Celsius without the risk of physical damage.

From a practical standpoint, as long as your motherboard temps don’t cross 100C on extended loads, the board will do just fine.

Past that point, safety features will likely kick in and limit the power sent to your hardware. Yes, that won’t damage your PC in any way, but it will restrict the performance you can enjoy.

So 50c is well below and within a motherboard's temperature range according to the above article.

Just make sure you have good circulation inside your PC case and your Ambient Room temperature isn't above 85f all the time.

0 Likes