cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Vanchy213
Adept II

AMD RYZEN 9 7950X High iddle temp

Hello, is normal that if I choose PBO Enhancement 70 level 3, my iddle temp be 70C?

Components :

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

Aorus X 360 Waterforce 

Aorus X670E Master

Ddr5 6600Mhz  64GB

1 Solution

Thanks, Vanchy213. I failed to ask for the Advanced View. Have you limited the maximum temperature to 75C? If so, why? The max for the 7950X is 95C. You are losing much performance restricting the temperature. Your Cinebench score is low, probably due to it. You certainly do not have high idle temperature. I would suggest you do a Clear CMOS and try again. Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

Did you try undervolting?

0 Likes

Yes, but it's running at 4.3 GHz. I want to use PBO Enhancement 70 level 3, but the idle temperature is always 70°C

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Idling at 70ºC seems just too much. Have you checked your AIO if its working properly?

What voltages are you getting on the vCore?

If you put the CPU at stock settings, idle will normalize?

I'm not sure what is PBO enhancement 70 level 3, could be a proprietary thing on your AORUS board. Some people report that this proprietary performance uplifts can act weird.

I would tweak the CPU in another way, like curve optimizer, boost override and other things like this, at least its what I do on my 7950X.

Offset undervolting or Curve Optmizer won't cap the CPU to 4.3Ghz, mine can hit 5.8Ghz when needed.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hello the voltage of Vcore is 1.2, the AIO is a brand new product. Yes, if I put all the stock setting the CPU iddle is 30C-40C.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Try to tweak the CPU to your advantage using other settings. No point having a specific setting from Gigabyte if it idles too high and ends on the throttle zone.

You can also try gigabyte forums for some insight.

The Englishman
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Vanchy213, if the temperature was measured with Ryzen Master (RM), then sounds a little high. Please post a screenshot of RM at idle and running Cinebench R23 all core. thanks, John.

0 Likes

Sure,

Iddle:

idle.png

 Cinebench:

cinebench'.png

cinebench2.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Vanchy213. I failed to ask for the Advanced View. Have you limited the maximum temperature to 75C? If so, why? The max for the 7950X is 95C. You are losing much performance restricting the temperature. Your Cinebench score is low, probably due to it. You certainly do not have high idle temperature. I would suggest you do a Clear CMOS and try again. Thanks and enjoy, John.

That's it, I turn off the PBO 70 Level 3 which limit the temperature to 75C, now hit 95C on cinebench and 50C iddle.

Cinebench Score:

Vanchy213_0-1707282463346.png

Iddle:

Vanchy213_1-1707282491508.png

0 Likes

I feel theres something off there.... even with EcoMode 105 (PBO Enabled) it should score something like 33k and it wouldn't go above 65ºC

EcoMode 105 plus curve optimizer should drive you near 36-37K in Cinebench.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Yeah,my complaint was the iddle temperature . I am checking the best stable setting.

Here a new update of my cinebench

Vanchy213_0-1707347861383.png

0 Likes