cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CoccoBrutto
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5600x temperature

Good morning. I’m here to ask for help with my CPU.
It’s been a few days since it started going over 90 C even when I’m on the desktop.

Motherboard: Asus Prime X570 Pro

CPU Cooler: MAG CORELIQUID 240R

0 Likes
1 Reply

I would  look at your AIO Liquid CPU Cooler for causing your processor to overheat. Several Users have had overheating issues with their Ryzen processor using MSI Coreliquid CPU Coolers.

Make sure it is installed correctly and the pump is running with fluid circulating and the Radiator Fans has good Air Circulation.  The waterblock should be on the processor snugly and evenly leveled.

Sometimes an air bubble forms inside the tubing and blocks the fluid from circulating. You can tilt your PC case from one side to the other very carefully to see if it dislodges the air bubble.

If everything checks good as far as installation I would open a MSI Support ticket to see if you need to RMA your AIO to be checked.

MSI did have a Recall of their Core Liquid CPU Coolers in the past.

Here is the Recall information from MSI from a Tom's Hardware Article from March 2022: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-recalls-mag-coreliquid-240r-360r-aio-coolers-due-to-sediment-b...

MSI is recalling its MAG CoreLiquid 240R / 360R AiO coolers because a "small portion of the liquid coolers produce sediment that can cause a blockage." Of course, an impediment to the flow of liquid through your AiO is highly undesirable and may reduce its effectiveness significantly, even before a blockage is formed.Mar 8, 2022

EDIT: Your Ryzen processor's Maximum Operating Temperature is 95c. That mean once it start reaching or surpasses 95c the processor will automatically throttle or slow down to keep the temperature at or below 95c.