cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nicho
Journeyman III

AMD Chips not working with Crestron AirMedia (Audio)

Hello,

My team has been experiencing issues with using Crestron AirMedia Players with Lenovo L14s, specifically with AMD chips. For those not familiar, this is a device that acts as a wireless presentation system to share your screen. The video connects just fine, but the audio will connect for a fraction of a second and then cut off, no longer playing any audio. We have narrowed this down to just our laptops with AMD chips, as any other device we use works fine. The Lenovo L14s we have with Intel chips work fine, and any other laptop with Intel or Apple chips works great, it's just what we have with AMD chips that are having these audio issues.

We have reached out to Crestron about this, and Lenovo as well, who have both claimed that it is an issue with AMD chips right now, and nothing can be done on their end. We were told to either install AirMedia Peripheral Drivers and set up the AM units in different way, or swap to another audio driver like Microsoft HD Audio instead of Realtek, but due to security and how locked down our systems are, this would not be easily done for the number of users affected. 

I cannot tell if this is just another case of companies pushing issues to each other or if there is any validity to this, but I am hoping to gain some insight or clarity here. Would it be better just to stay away from AMD for now due to these issues, or could this be an issue elsewhere that so happens to be in only AMD chipset laptops?

Afflicted Laptops:

Lenovo L14 w/AMD Chipset (Gen 2 and 3)

Afflicted Chips:

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U (on Gen 2)

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5675U (on Gen 3)

Audio Chip:

Realtek ALC3287

Audio Driver:

Realtek High Definition Audio

0 Likes
0 Replies