cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DeathlyHive
Journeyman III

AMD 5800X FPS

Okay so I just put my Desktop together maybe a week ago and I'm stumped...

System specs

Asrock B550M Pro4

Ryzen 7 5800X 

ROG Ryuo 240mm AIO

32Gb of DDR4 Oloy 3200Mhz

Evga RTX 3060

WD Blue 3T HDD and Kingston 512Gb SSD

I'm lucky if I get more than 20FPS in any game I've tried 

I've done a complete reset on the whole system three times downloaded the 5800X drivers manuely as well as through the AMD auto driver thingy 

I have and intel i5 6500 cpu that runs faster and better than this....... can anyone please help me.... I just want to play FF14 again at something higher than 22FPS.... 

and no I'm not over heating my temps have stayed under 60c and I dont know how to over clock but i used the Ryzen Master program on auto and optimize settings... didnt make a difference at all.....

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

DeathlyHive is your memory on the MB QVL list? Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench multi-core. How  does your score compare to other 5800X? If you did not get your AMD drivers from here please do. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
DeathlyHive
Journeyman III

yes i got my drivers from there i did the

Auto-Detect and Install Driver Updates for AMD Radeon™ Series Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipsets

for windows 11 

and my RAM is on the list one second and i'll pull it. as for Cinebench idk i didnt plan to overclock beacuse im not sure what im doing in that sort of thing. are amd cpu's only good if you do over clock them? 
and i let the Ryzen master do auto and it made no difference in my FPS i'll benchmark it now though no OC

0 Likes

DeathlyHive, I do not OC my 3970X and run on Default and it does just fine. Cinebench is just a benchmark. Please try it. Be sure you have your Video drivers from nVidia not your MB vendor. In general get only BIOS from MB vendor. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
DeathlyHive
Journeyman III

okay let me see if i did that i've done so much trying to get this right.. 

oh and here is a bench mark from cinebench i'm not sure what im looking at anything specific you want from this?

0 Likes
DeathlyHive
Journeyman III

Screenshot 2024-03-12 022218.pngScreenshot 2024-03-12 022604.png

0 Likes

Thanks, DeathlyHive. I failed to tell you to use R24, not R23. Where did you get it? The link I posted was to R24. I will look at your results. I really need to see the screenshot of RM as in my first reply. nVidia driver source?? What OS are you  running? Thinks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Other's results on R23 are in the 15-16 Thousands so you are a little low but not much. Need the RM SS to try to determine why.

0 Likes

okay i'll go download that one and run test for you and get the RM as well. my GPU drivers are from the nvidia website directly 

and i am currently running windows 11 home 

0 Likes

Thanks, DeathlyHive

0 Likes

hey sorry i haven't been able to get back to you my daughter got home from school and has been sick since then so i've been busy to say the least. 

anyways I've been thinking about all this trouble this CPU has been and I'm just not pleased not in the slightest. 

I shouldn't have to download programs to benchmark a CPU and question for multiple days now why this thing wont even run at its supposed natural capacity. This was my firth time with AMD and it has been one of the worst experience of my life. I love computers and tinkering with all that jazz. However, This AMD CPU nearly has me about ready to just give up computers and gaming all together.  That is a horrible thing for me to actually think on.

Gaming has been a large part of my life it has provided me with a way to cope with life and escape the everyday stresses that are. Gaming has been a wonderful bonding experience between me and friends as well as my own daughter. Doing a so called upgrade from an intel core i5 6500 to this Ryzen5800X was  a disaster and has caused me to be repeated              my friends and family Dening game invites and events.

i will attempt to preform a system reset     and reinstall of windows chipsets and                        I will not continue this seemingly never ending back and forth with needing this or that program to do some benchmark or another when all i wanted was for this thing to just do what its base specs. 20FPS is a joke and my old i5 6500 ran 4x times better than that... I was so excited for this thing at one point now I'm just tired of looking at it. 

Sincerely,

Justin, a highly upset and disappointed customer. 

0 Likes