Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Bizsu
Journeyman III

AMD 5700x overheat and bad customer service in Vietnam

Hello, im a customer from Vietnam.

Im writing  this post in the need of technical help & express my concern about technical service of AMD in Vietnam.

So my issue is that my 5700x runs very hot. i bought the CPU newly at a local store (authorized by AMD). Been using it for 1 year and started noticing issue last month when my AIO Fans start running heavily (Cooler: AIO Lianli Gahalad 360). Im playing APEX LEGEND at 2k resoluion 

It idles at 60+oC & for gaming 80-90 oC.

In a long gaming session it stay around 88-90oC some time experiencing Frame drop due to CPU over heating. (my GPU is running pefectly fine at 60-70oC). Room temperature is 30oC.

=> i dont think this is a good temperature to run. this CPU has 65W TDP & supposed to be more powerefficient than the 5800x & just slightly faster than the 5600x.

So far what i have checked myself:

• Reapply thermal paste (Artic MX4), and assure my cooler is working good.
  • Swapping with an other 360 AIO  => it results same temperature.
  • Reset all setting in bios back to default.
  • Put CPU running in default mode in Ryzen master (never tried to overclock it before).
  • Open the glass side of the Case for better airflow.

Bring my PC to warranty center of retailer for technical support & request the technican to try:

• Swap the CPU to other motherboard => same temperature, Idles ~60oC, full stress at 85-90oC (10 minutes).
  • Use other AMD CPU 3300x on my current mother board => idles at 40oC. => can confirm that my mobo is working fine.
  • Ask them to put an other 5700x for comparision but they dont have any available.
  • Ask them to send the CPU to AMD service center for testing. (received a call asking about my spec during wait time)

=> After 2 weeks I received the same processor with a paper confirm: testing OK. with no further explaination nor what they did.

I asked the technican at retailer to put my CPU in and test again => same result nothing change.

I imply that this temperature is not normal and im having issue during my use. The answer i get is that "AMD CPUs are running hot and these temperature are normal for a AMD CPU. and 5700X is a Overclocked CPU (is it really??????) ". => at this point they are not so sure and try to contact AMD service center to confirm with me.

So i contacted AMD service center and explain my situation. I get some recommendation about how to improve temperature (which i already did all) and the same answer " AMD runs up 95oC and that is normal, you also should try to go to online forums to look for settings to make it run cooler, we don’t support about this part”. In my understanding, he’s telling me to undervolt or changing power input to the CPU which will void warranty. Is this even OK for him to tell customer that?.

Tried to look for online references, testing. The 5700x should be running idential to 5600x in term of temperature. Idles at ~40oC gaming at ~70oC room temp 25-30oC.

In the end, I’m here left with the same product, same issue, wasting time, nothing solved, don’t know what was the problem.

I don’t know what I should do next, may be changing to new CPU?.

Thanks for reading my long post, hopefully received a better answer & solusion.

My PC specs are: 

CPU: 5700x

mobo: Asus ROG b550-XE wifi.

RAM: corsair vengence 4x8 = 32 GB

GPU: 6700xt

ssd: 512GB+1TB

Power supply: gigbyte 650W plus bronze

Cooler: AIO Lianli Gahalad 360.

Bizsu_4-1691555398914.jpeg

1 (4).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (1).jpg