cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

highborn
Adept I

7950x3d. Does windows sheningans kill the cpu when you want to stream?

First of all, sorry if wrong location.

Watching the reviews and understanding the part, (that i want to buy mind you, already have everything except the cpu, and i mean literally everything. GPU is ordered, watercooling parts are next to me, everything is either here, or in the mail) i have massive concerns. 

1: Disabling / not even installing xbox game bar seems normal to me as most people i know want to cut down windows bloat. (i actually have a modded windows installer ready to go, that doesn't even have this in the package...)

If this shoots windows perf in the foot, that's a big problem. 

2: let's say i don't disable game-bar. Does that mean that (on balanced!) windows will "park the cores" always? therefore if i want to stream with OBS, obs wont be able to utilise half of the cores?

Can anybody please answer to these questions?  If the answer to any or both of these questions is "yes" that sucks big time and performance will suffer thanks to MS being bad as usual.....

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
misterj
Big Boss

highborn, Ryzen does the work dispatched by Windows and I think the processor managed the cores, not Windows. When not needed for a thread the onchip SOC will sleep cores. I too remove a lot of MS junk but I do not think it helps performance much-I just do not have to look at it. I think if you do/don’t install Xbox will not affect your system. I too use DISM to create an installer. Ask any questions you like and have fun. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: RM

View solution in original post

2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

highborn, Ryzen does the work dispatched by Windows and I think the processor managed the cores, not Windows. When not needed for a thread the onchip SOC will sleep cores. I too remove a lot of MS junk but I do not think it helps performance much-I just do not have to look at it. I think if you do/don’t install Xbox will not affect your system. I too use DISM to create an installer. Ask any questions you like and have fun. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: RM

highborn
Adept I

Thanks

0 Likes