Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Mohxy
Adept I

7800X3D keeps Freezing

Hello,

I've recently purchased a 7800X3D with a ASUS TUF B650-PLUS, and eversince I've installed it ocasionally my monitor will freeze during light loads, like watching youtube or using discord. I haven't messed with any of the BIOS settings beyond activating EXPO for my RAM. I have the latest chipset driver's and my BIOs ver is 2412. I've also noticed other posts that have had this simmilar issue that have recommended disabling Hardware acceleration, disabling the iGPU,etc, which I've done but none have fixed the issue.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Parts: 7800X3D CPU, ASUS TUF B650-PLUS, Adata XPG Lancer Blade 32GB 6000MHz CL30, RTX 2060 6GB. 2 Samsung NVMe 980 Pro SSD's.

0 Likes
11 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, I would try first disabling EXPO for troubleshooting purposes.

Then report back.

In the meanwhile, have you checked if the memory kit you have is on the boards QVL?

The Englishman
0 Likes

Will do. I'll report back in a few days to see if this keeps happening, as it's fairly inconsistent. Sometimes I go entire days without it happening and othertimes it happens twice in a day.

Edit: The RAM I have by the way is the Adata XPG Lancer Blade, 32GB (2x16GB), 6000MHz CL30 Dual
Channel Kit.

Edit 2: Yes, I have checked to see if the memory kit that I have is on the board's QVL, and it is. 

It appears that disabling EXPO has not fixed the problem. I'll use the iGPU on the 7800X3D to see if the RTX 2060 may be the problem.

0 Likes

Regarding you GPU, you can give this a try:

Disable hardware acceleration on Chrome.

The Englishman
0 Likes

I have disabled hardware acceleration on Chrome for some time before I made this thread, and the issue kept appearing. I also disabled it for any other software I use that had that option enabled.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Mohxy, you did not say what video card you have, but I suggest you talk to there support and see if they have seen similar problems. Perhaps they will offer an RMA. Please post all your parts. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

My bad, the graphics card I have is a Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 6GB. I'll edit the post description.

0 Likes

Thanks.

0 Likes
Mohxy
Adept I

Update: I've temporarily replaced my RTX 2060 with a GTX 1660Super and I haven't been encountering this issue, so it appears to have been a GPU Problem. Thanks for the assistance!

Balrog74
Journeyman III

Hi,

I Have exact same issue here.

First of all I replaced my graphic card into a RTX 2070 Ti.

Perfectly worked with Intel Core i9-9900K, SSD NVME gen3 and 32Gb DDR4.

After that I decided to change everything else.

- Ryzen 7800X3D

- MSI MPG B650 CARBON

- Corsair CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30 DDR5-4800Mhz 2 x 16Gb

- Crutial T700 NVME Gen5 1Tb

And since then I have same issue. Critical compuer freezes while watching youtube or playing games.

Sometimes the freezes are so loud that the computer reboots without BSOD, dump only tells about gpu request timed out.

I've found on reddit a similar topic and they adviced to disable the IGPU in the bios.

Its way much better now but I still have sometimes little freezes...

I'm really really upset with that after spending 3000$ for that upgrade.

I've been using intel since 20 years and decided to give a try to AMD but I'm really starting to regret my choice...

So just for information, I suggest you to not increminate your graphic card as we are a lot of users with the exact same issue. It's more like a compatibility problem with RTX graphic cards I think.

Something that AMD have to fix because there is no issue with Intel.

0 Likes

It's not just with the RTX, I have a Radeon 7 7600S and I'm suffering from screen freezes, be it by opening my browser, sharing screen on Discord, opening OBS and adding a source and the same thing happens if I close OBS