cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dan88
Journeyman III

7800x3d Idle temperature

Screenshot 2023-09-06 130639.pngNew (first Build) PC and unsure on what CPU temperature I should be looking at. Screenshot is idle on windows desktop and I dont understand if I should be looking at Tctl/Tdie or CCD1 Tdie? It seems weird that they would have such a difference or is this normal? Either way it would be good to know which reading I should be paying most attention to. If it matters in BIOS screen the CPU temperature sits at 40 Celsius. 

0 Likes
21 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

40 degrees is normal idle temps for AMD CPU. You must get around 50 degrees while gaming and 65 under 100% workload.

Odd, my 7800x3d gets around 90 under full load (cinebench) ... like its designed to do. 

EDIT- and 40 at idle is perfectly fine. 

0 Likes

Yeah when I ran cinebench the individual cores hit max 89 but averaged high 60/low 70 it was just that high top two temps on idle seem so out of place

0 Likes

Youll be fine. Go game

If you are looking to prolong the lifespan of your CPU you must do something to get temperatures in the range of 50 degrees for gaming and 65-75 degrees under 100% workload, let me know if you have any questions.

Ya. so instead of it lasting 1100 years, it will only last 1075. I feel ya. 

You do know we are in 2023 and AMD built the new cpu's to run at 95c and 3d's at 89c?
So I guess you know better and we should take your word for it instead of the people who built it?
Guess going to have to RMA my cpu and quote you when AMD ask me why the hell you are returning this cpu if it was made to run at 95c?
Can you image their face when I answer: a guy on the amd forums said they should run 65-75 when under a 100% load and well I need to return it because something is wrong with it, because it goes over that. lol

you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, you came to argue, i came to share knowledge, that is the difference between you and me... Wish you best of luck

P.S: please dont put words in my mouth. If you talk trash, at least make it clear that it is your own opinion

0 Likes

I mean,.. he is right. These newer cpus, JUMP to the higher temps.  If you choose to neuter yours, do it. But telling anyone that a few degrees will "degrade" their set up, is just wrong. Its how the makers of the piece have it as intended. Is what it is. You can turn yours down. Thats fine. But, ... the fact is, its 2023 and things, are different. Period. 

I wont allow you to drag me in this meaningless argument   The mods and people who have knowledge in electronics know what I am talking about, sadly you are trying to interrupt the learning curve of others interested to learn....

0 Likes

Relax I know next to your user says ELITE but don't try to act like it, you are no better or worse then any of us, so stop downtalking to people, if you want respect, give respect!!

We know what you are talking about less heat for electronics is good yes!
But in this 1 situation it does not fully apply at least not the temp numbers you are giving out.
Sadly since you seem to know it all, can't seem to find space for new knowledge.
So let that right there be a lesson

I not here to argue, who is arguing?
I also came to share knowledge but the correct one provided by AMD itself which happens to be who design the cpu and know it's tolerance points and capabilities.
Hmm and how exactly did i put words in your mouth?
"If you are looking to prolong the lifespan of your CPU you must do something to get temperatures in the range of 50 degrees for gaming and 65-75 degrees under 100% workload"
Was I incorrect that you posted the knowledge? I did quote YOUR post.
And you seem offended so I'll say this it's really GREAT advice, but for older generations of cpu's not the new AMD ones which is almost impossible to get to run at those temps unless... before you say it,  you undervolt them and at that point you are leaving performance out, so why limit the cpu to not run at it's design spec?
Thank you very much and I double it back to you, the best of luck!

ps:Wasn't an opinion was actual data from AMD itself, so...

You're so incredibly wrong it's ridiculous. 7000 series CPUs have been running hot even with custom water cooling and high end blocks. People are delidding or lapping their CPUs just to keep them from staying above 90°C. You would be sort of right if this was about 3000 series CPUs, but that's not the topic. 

0 Likes

unnamed.jpgIMG-3078.jpg

Yerp,... 

0 Likes

What?

0 Likes
BlackSabbath
Adept II

I have 82c in cinebench in games about 79c depends which game noctua nh-d15

0 Likes

You are good, the advice of the temperatures you was giving is outdated, that is for older cpu's
The Newer ones at least AMD cpu's are design to work at 95c, so you are good even if when you game you are in high 80's low 90's, 
Better my example:  in my situation I like it silent, so I have a very low fan curve in the case and at idle I'm higher then most in the 50's.

And for me, I game mostly. So i have my 7800x3d set at the enhanced 80c limit. Running it at the 90 doesnt scare me at all. But, i see no benefit from it. If that makes sense. And it does killer. But to have it run at 70c at 100% all core work load, is just silly. Good by to the performance and reason you even bought the thing. Custom water loop here also lol.....  The rigs are designed to run at a max temp. It isnt 2012 anymore. Things have changed. 

Exactly can always go in the mobo and set one of temp the profiles if they want a little less heat, but agree with you 100% why limit the cpu so much? makes no sense.

billmi
Journeyman III

hello i have the same problem with ryzen 7800x3d at idle its running hot from 52-62 temps at cinebench max 81, gaming max 71 at pubg i dont understand why in idle the temps are so high and in stress test everything dont go higher than 81 i have aio 360 mm killer from xigmatek and the case from xigmatek the aqua plus.
If someone knows any answer to lower the temps?

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Dan88, you should be looking at Ryzen Master (RM). Please post a screenshot of RM running Cinebench R24 Multicore. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes