cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Obby
Journeyman III

5950x Bus/Interconnect Error, Cache Hierarcy Error

I've been having a similar problem to various others with the WHEA errors - as in subject. The crash only ever occurs when the machine goes idle (screens off, maybe a browser open with a video playing but minimised), have had no problems at all during usual use.

Running a 5950x on a Asus Dark Hero with the most recent beta bios, 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600 RAM. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NLHy2V -- this has all the components listed on it.

I've tried various fixes, increasing the voltage on the RAM, manually setting FCLK, using optimised defaults, turning on 'typical current idle' for power, basically anything that's in the reddit thread that pops up at the top of the google search for the error.

I feel like the most likely thing is that the CPU is faulty, I've been in contact with my supplier and followed their instructions but we're onto 'test the CPU somewhere else' (not an option as I'm the only person I know with an AM4 mobo) or run with just 1 RAM stick (despite a full memtest run showing 0 errors).

I'm running out of ideas to be honest, any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Obby
Journeyman III

Tried a single stick of RAM, no joy.

It also seems the crash only happens with a browser window open with a video playing, but the screens off. Weird, I know. It idled fine for 1.5hrs or so with nothing going on, as soon as I had the monitors off with a browser window as mentioned it'd crashed within 10 mins.

0 Likes