cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BuD_09
Adept I

5800x3d temperature too high

Recently I bought AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3d but In game my temperature goes to 75 ,  in Battlefield 2042 temp 77, far cry 6 temp 71,CS Go temp 65 but my idle temp is 40, how can i lower my temp to 60??

My Case Deepcool matrexx 55

Cpu Cooler Noctua NH-u12A

0 Likes
1 Solution
EFermi
Miniboss

First of all, AMD Zen3 are designed to operate up to 90°C and if you have insufficient cooling they will auto-boost up to that point and only then stop (or if they reach max boost clock, obviously). Having temps in range of 70~80°C means you are well below the threshold. But if your cooler gets noisy (which they usually do since max fan rpm is engaged at about 70~75C) you may try setting constant voltage and/or multiplier well below max auto-boost values (I did so with my 5800X at 1.2V@4.35GHz), the loss of 5-10% performance is well justified by cool and quiet rig. Your problem may lie in the fact that you own an x3d version, which has LOTS of config unavailable because someone somewhere thought it's too much freedom for a user to have (seriously, I can understand not allowing values above normal range or boost/voltage, but why can't people UNDERclock/volt for lower temp and noise, what were they thinking?!).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

First of all, AMD Zen3 are designed to operate up to 90°C and if you have insufficient cooling they will auto-boost up to that point and only then stop (or if they reach max boost clock, obviously). Having temps in range of 70~80°C means you are well below the threshold. But if your cooler gets noisy (which they usually do since max fan rpm is engaged at about 70~75C) you may try setting constant voltage and/or multiplier well below max auto-boost values (I did so with my 5800X at 1.2V@4.35GHz), the loss of 5-10% performance is well justified by cool and quiet rig. Your problem may lie in the fact that you own an x3d version, which has LOTS of config unavailable because someone somewhere thought it's too much freedom for a user to have (seriously, I can understand not allowing values above normal range or boost/voltage, but why can't people UNDERclock/volt for lower temp and noise, what were they thinking?!).

Your game temps are fine, might want to look at startup apps re idle temps.

You bought a prototype, if you read all the blogs/articles on its locked parameters there's no need to complain.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

ok I will try to undervolt but I am not sure how will I do this in the proper way but I am gonna try

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Is it possible the NH U12A is not enough for the x3d?  I'm wondering if it is or if I should get the NH D15 instead.

0 Likes