cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

brandonmc001
Journeyman III

Video issue with AMD Ryzen 5 5600g APU and RX 6600

I have a problem, I have the AMD Ryzen 5 5600g APU with the RX 6600, I have configured in the BIOS so that when I turn on the PC it uses the dedicated graphics and not the integrated one, however, I have also configured my PC so that the monitor screen turns off in X minutes but without going into "Sleep" or "Hibernation" mode, if I let the monitor turn off and then move the mouse after a few minutes to activate it, it does not give me video, I have to change the HDMI of the dedicated graphics port to the motherboard, do you know why this happens? It seems that the dedicated card is completely disabled.

2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Could be a BIOS problem.  First, make sure you install the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.  Then, clear the CMOS by removing the battery (power must be off) and shorting the CLR CMOS pins for five or more seconds.  Then boot into the BIOS and sent the initial graphics to your graphics card in the PCIe slot.  

When the monitor turns off, it should really only be going into standby mode (orange LED from the blue or red LED).  Make sure your system doesn't power down until later than the monitor going to sleep in your Windows settings.  For example, I've set my screen to sleep after 1 hour, but the system goes to sleep at 2 hours.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Thanks for the advice, but I'm still having the problem. I have noticed that the problem is related to the lock screen feature, the monitor turns off after 1 minute when the PC is locked and if I let another minute go by, the RX 6600 gets disabled, it's strange, I don't know why it happens , have the BIOS up to date and have not made any other changes other than making the RX 6600 the primary graphics card.

0 Likes