-Thermaltake ToughPower GF1   PE 750 W 80+ Gold Modular   ATX PSU

-Noctua F12 industrialPPC-2000   PMW

-be quiet! Silent Wings Pro 4   140mm PMW

-Red Dragon K530RGB   Keyboard

-Corsair M65 RGB Elite Mouse

10 Replies
Duron999Mhz
Adept II

Very nice! How do you like the Deepcool AK620 ? I was looking at one of these before I went with Noctua. Also, how do you find the Noctua F12 Industrial fan ? I heard they move air but are quite audible when they ramp up the RPMs. 

The AK620 is awesome. CPU temps peaked at 73 degrees in my Cinebench test. Lian Li case has 2 140mm fans in the front and I have the be quiet! 140mm/Noctua in exhaust at lower RPM than their max. My RX6800's cooler fans are louder than the Noctua has ever been (outside of bios fan adjustment that had it run at 2000.) Can't recommend either highly enough. 👍

That is a really good temp at peak with Cinebench, are you using PBO or curve optimizer for the 5600x by chance ?

I also find that my Rx 6800 is the loudest part of my build when gaming and generally when trying to reach the high 165 Hz refresh rate of my monitor. I adjusted the fan curve in adrenaline and I found that to be worth while when not wearing a headset.

That's because that's not accurate benchmark info. Sorry. That's the 3DMark temp in Ferenheit. Cinebench is 58.4 in Celsius. If only there was a device where I could make charts and take notes with better organization than my handwritten notebook (double clicks Excel shortcut on his computer) 

20230518_140259.jpg

0 Likes
Axxemann
Forerunner

Now that is a slick, stealthy air-cooled build. I'm a water cooling guy myself, but that looks goooooooood.

And I'm digging your desktop wallpaper. Where can I get it? My Brother in Law and I have a running joke to tease my nephew (he's 13, kinda awkward as most 13 year old boys are) by randomly placing photos of pretty girls in random spots. There's some preamble/story behind it that I'd be happy to share. I think the last time we got the kid was with some older SI Swimsuit Edition photos inside his bow case. Prior to that, it was a microSD for his phone that we had stuffed full of gifs. I'm not sure what's funnier when we do it: his reaction, or my mother's very vocal disapproval of us clowning around on the kid. His mom (my sister) is completely indifferent.

Performance over Pretty.

20180503_181115.jpg

DAGGUMMIT!!!!! It won't let me save as a jpeg!!!!

EDIT (about 5 minutes later) Nevermind... I figured it out.

Thanks again, @EMoney129! It's in the rotation between the tanks, motorcycles, guns, airplanes, other pretty scantily-clad ladies and Halo geekery that make up my wallpaper!

Performance over Pretty.
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Yeah, that's real clean. Congrats on the nice build. I do love a good stealth build. That AK620 cooler puts it over the top for me. Don't ask me why though, haha.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Could be that it's a giant freaking monolith inside the case?

I'm partial to water cooling myself. I'm really hoping that the interview I had today or the one scheduled for Monday bear fruit. Ol' Grizz needs money to fund finishing his build!

Performance over Pretty.

Water cooling is great and the AK620 is pretty big in the m-ATX case, but I do appreciate the simplicity of an air cooled system. Considered a 280 AIO instead of or in addition to the case included 140 mm fans, but wound up here. It really has been good at cooling, even if a bit unsightly. 

0 Likes