cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

SubtleIQ
Adept III

Portable Gaming Rig starts...

Well finally made it home lol, so project to make my Portable Gaming PC starts...20240321_112012.jpg

Underneath the AIO, and behind the GPU and power supply is the Lian Li A4-H20 case.

I  was seriously not prepared on how tiny this case is.  Really looking forward and not looking forward to the challenge wiring is going to be.

I will post pics when I am done.

Sorry I have been a stranger for a little while.

Michael Alan Horton
8 Replies
SubtleIQ
Adept III

20240322_180135.jpg20240322_180313.jpg20240322_180330.jpg20240322_180340.jpg20240322_180437.jpg20240322_180508.jpg20240322_182354.jpg

Well its finished.  trying to install the power supply in the included bracket was not an option, at least not for now. so I did not include a picture for that side.  Its still crazy how small this case is. and heavy lol.  The backpack I have for it when I'm out and about driving is just big enough.  Even though I could not use the power supply bracket, and also the cables really make the one side very cramped and messy; however I have put this lil system through enough gaming that it still is able to remain cool enough that it does not thermal throttle.

My intention is to upgrade it to Gen 5 soon as I am able.

Currently the build includes:

Case: LIAN LI A4-H2O Black

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
(Wanted to get a MSI board, but literally when I went to order
this was the only board available)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
(Compliments of AMD Sante...I thank you very much again)

GPU: MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER
(I plan to upgrade to Team Red, RX 7900 XTX atm)

Memory: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 4400

NVME's: WD Black SN850 1TB
                WD Black SN850 2TB

Power Supply: SilverStone Technology SX1000R Platinum

Monitor: ARZOPA 16.1'' 144Hz Portable 1080p

Cooling: Lian Li GA2T24B Galahad II Trinity 240 AIO

(Figured with such a tiny case an AIO would be good for the CPU)

Backpack: YOREPEK 50L Laptop Backpack

Keyboard: Perixx PERIBOARD-616
(Wanted something I could use wireless or wired)

Mouse: UtechSmart Venus Pro
(Also wireless/wired)

Controller: FLYDIGI Direwolf 2 Hall Effect Joystick
(Also wireless/wired)

Also the one picture with the front of the case, the AMD sticker reflected the flash so its very hard to see.

Michael Alan Horton
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That was a quick build.  Are you really going to game on a 16 inch monitor?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Yes everything fits nicely in the backpack 😉

Michael Alan Horton
Awol
Challenger

Nice SFF build, what temps are you seeing ?

77 C after playing Destiny 2 for past 7 hrs.

Michael Alan Horton

temp.png

This is after 3hrs of Destiny, and 3 hrs of Dragons Dogma 2...figured you might like to see some actual numbers.

Michael Alan Horton
SubtleIQ
Adept III

20240326_172757.jpg20240326_172901.jpg

I could not do it.  I had to reopen and rearrange everything.  I still can not use the power supply bracket.  But everything whether it looks it or not, is much more tidy.  Also I put the power supply fan facing the side panel vs inside.  An added bonus is the case actually closes properly now.  If you look at the original pictures; specifically the 6th one you will see that the side panel is not flush at the top.  That was due to the mess I was unwilling to take a picture of, not to mention it was keeping the case from closing properly..

I forget what the March Sweepstakes was, but I believe I needed to submit pictures...guess I go take a look.

Happy Gaming All !

Michael Alan Horton
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I thought that one panel wasn't quite right.  Glad you fixed up the wiring mess.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".