cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

henriqueSR
Adept I

Phenom II x4 960

Guys, I have a problem with this processor, I try to install its video driver through the AMD installer and it says it is not compatible, etc. And Windows says that the type is from Nvidia, and every driver installer I try plays for Nvidia, since I don't have an Nvidia video card. What do I do? 

2 Solutions
umnikke8
Adept II

That processor doesn't have a built in GPU. So you'll have to determine what GPU you have, the software is certainly suggesting Nvidia. Had to look it up, but chipsets of that era may have integrated graphics, so the chipset or motherboard model number would also be good to look at. The latest drivers probably don't support integrated graphics from that far back, so you'd have to look for an older version.

View solution in original post

Look up the motherboard and look for the Chipset for the motherboard.

Which is pointing at Nvidia, If in fact it is an Nvidia Chipset, Install the Nvidia Chipset Driver.

Nvidia link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - ASRock RX 6750XT -12GB. -- G.Skill Ripejaw V (32GB.) (DDR4-3200) - WD Black SN850X NVMe - Samsung 980 Pro NVMe - SanDisk SSD Plus - CORSAIR CX750M 750W - Cooler Master Hyper Halo 212 Cooler- Rosewill Prism S500 Gaming Case - Windows 10 Pro x64 - MSI Optix MAG342CQR - Samsung 27" - Apex 3 Gaming Keyboard - Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - Sound Blaster Z SE

View solution in original post

8 Replies
umnikke8
Adept II

That processor doesn't have a built in GPU. So you'll have to determine what GPU you have, the software is certainly suggesting Nvidia. Had to look it up, but chipsets of that era may have integrated graphics, so the chipset or motherboard model number would also be good to look at. The latest drivers probably don't support integrated graphics from that far back, so you'd have to look for an older version.

Go to Windows Device Manager under "Display" and see what GPU is showing.

Also you can download a small free program called SPECCY that will show you most of the Hardware and software you have installed in your PC including Make & Model.

You can also download GPU-Z and then click on the upper right corner "LOOKUP" which will show you the Make & Model of your GPU card or IGPU.

Once you find out the Make & Model of your GPU card you can go to AMD or Nvidia website to download the correct driver for your gpu.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Please post all your system components - motherboard, CPU, RAM, video card (you must have one), etc.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
henriqueSR
Adept I

Thank you guys, thanks for your help! It's just that not even our friend said, it doesn't have a radeon in it. So for now I'm using Microsoft's basic video driver, I'm going to get any video card just to have better image quality, thanks everyone! 

Look up the motherboard and look for the Chipset for the motherboard.

Which is pointing at Nvidia, If in fact it is an Nvidia Chipset, Install the Nvidia Chipset Driver.

Nvidia link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - ASRock RX 6750XT -12GB. -- G.Skill Ripejaw V (32GB.) (DDR4-3200) - WD Black SN850X NVMe - Samsung 980 Pro NVMe - SanDisk SSD Plus - CORSAIR CX750M 750W - Cooler Master Hyper Halo 212 Cooler- Rosewill Prism S500 Gaming Case - Windows 10 Pro x64 - MSI Optix MAG342CQR - Samsung 27" - Apex 3 Gaming Keyboard - Rival 3 Gaming Mouse - Sound Blaster Z SE

Bro, It worked perfectly, thank you! 

I downloaded the driver correctly, but after restarting the screen started to appear buggy. 

Glad it worked for you, Enjoy.